2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2004 2:46 PM by jason.greene

Apache-Axis SOAP to Stateless Session EJBs - Message Style

askaem

Greetings,

I apologize if this question was posted previously. I wasn't able to find it searching the forum.

I would like to find out if there is a way to interface stateless session EJBs with Apache Axis using the message style. Ideally, I would like to have the EJB methods with the following message signature:
      public Document method(Document body);

and be able to configure my deployment descriptor so that the SOAP body is passed to the method, for example:

<deployment xmlns="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/"
      xmlns:java="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/providers/java">

This does not seem to work, so an alternative approach is to build a series of wrapper classes that handle the message request and then call the EJB methods. This is not difficult, but a "slicker" approach would be most appreciated. If anyone has experience with this problem, assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much,
      Eric

• 1. Re: Apache-Axis SOAP to Stateless Session EJBs - Message Sty
          askaem

Please note, the deployment descriptor above was posted in an incomplete fashion. Here is the middle of the descriptor.

<service name="AdministrationBean" style="message" provider="java:EJB">
           <parameter name="beanJndiName" value="ejb/magnet/Administration"/>
           <parameter name="homeInterfaceName" value="edu.umn.magnet.server.Core.AdministrationHome"/>
           <parameter name="remoteInterfaceName" value="edu.umn.magnet.server.Core.Administration"/>
           <parameter name="allowedMethods" value="test, "/>
          </service>

• 2. Re: Apache-Axis SOAP to Stateless Session EJBs - Message Sty
            jason.greene

If you are talking about J2EE 1.4 Webservices, this is the forum to post in and what you are looking for is a jax-rpc Handler. Service Endpoints can't get the SOAP Body themself. If you are talking about JBOSS.NET & Axis, then you want to post in the JBOSS.NET forum.

-jason