6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 9, 2006 4:08 AM by stickler_orko

ERROR: Ignoring invalid namespace mapping

schulty

I have a Session bean deployed as an endpoint and when testing the web service, I get the following in the JBoss console:

12:42:03,296 WARN [DeserializationContextImpl] Ignoring invalid namespace mapping: [prefix=,uri=]

I have debugged the Session bean and it is getting called properly and returning a value, but the Axis test client gets this:

AxisFault
       faultCode: {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Server.userException
       faultSubcode:
       faultString: java.lang.NullPointerException
       faultActor:
       faultNode:
       faultDetail:
       {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace: java.lang.NullPointerException
       at java.util.Hashtable.put(Hashtable.java:396)
       at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl.setProperty(SAXParserImpl.java:385)
       at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.parse(DeserializationContextImpl.java:246)
       at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:538)
       at org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:376)
       at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invokeEngine(Call.java:2583)
       at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2553)
       at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2248)
       at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2171)
       at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1691)
       at com.earthlink.test.fishfarm.FishFarmEndpointBindingStub.analyzeUrl(FishFarmEndpointBindingStub.java:130)
       at com.earthlink.test.fishfarm.FishFarmTestCase.test1FishFarmEndpointPortAnalyzeUrl(FishFarmTestCase.java:32)
       at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
       at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
       at

This is a pretty simple service, and it appears that everything is getting called properly, but no joy on the Axis client. Any ideas?

Server version: JBoss AS 4.0.2
      JDK: 1.5

• 1. Re: ERROR: Ignoring invalid namespace mapping
          thomas.diesler

Are you really using jboss-4.0.2, it is not out yet.

If you are sure this is a bug in the current Branch_4_0 , please create a jira issue for it and attach a simple sample deployment

Thanks

• 2. Re: ERROR: Ignoring invalid namespace mapping
            nord_c

Hi - I get the same error with 4.0.3SP1 and jdk5_06. Running my client with jdk1.4.2_10 instead of the 1.5.0 removes the error.

• 3. Re: ERROR: Ignoring invalid namespace mapping
              jason.greene

Are you sure you have the correct client libraries in your classpath. This specific bug was fixed in 4.0.3.

http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBWS-187

-Jason

• 4. Re: ERROR: Ignoring invalid namespace mapping
                ogami

Hi all

I have the exact same problem. I am running JBoss 4.0.3 with JBoss Portal. I've tried running it with 1.4.3 and 1.5_06 and I get that error with both VM's. Has anyone managed to get this service running?
                I am using JAXM libraries from Sun. I placed them in $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/lib.

If anyone has gotten beyond this point, please, say something...

• 5. Re: ERROR: Ignoring invalid namespace mapping
                  ogami

My bad.
                  While I do get those warnings, truth is, I can access the content of the SOAPBody.
                  I was doing it using old documentation (btw, does anyone know why the JAXM documentation is so scarce and so badly written?), which made me think I was doing everything the right way, and if I couldn't see the content of the SOAPBody then it was JBoss's fault.
                  Of course this mistake will never happen again. At least not with the JAXM docs.

Once again, my apologies.

• 6. Re: ERROR: Ignoring invalid namespace mapping
                    stickler_orko

I am new in JBoss. I have deployed an EAR, which contains one jar file containg the bean files and one war file containg the webservice related files, including web.xml,wsdl and mapping files.
                    now when i am trying to access this webservice, i m getting error in client side but its showing no error in server side except only a warning.The incoming datas are also handled successfully.

The warning is similar to the posted warning.
                    I am including it again,

WARN [DeserializationContextImpl] Ignoring invalid namespace mapping: [prefix=,uri=]

Its really frustrating, couse i am not sure what to do... I have used WSDL2Java tool of AXIS
                    for client side.. This tool worked fine when i deployed my application using IBM Websphere.
                    For Server side i have used JWSDP pack's WSCOMPILE tools to generate the necessary artifacts.

Can anyone tell me whts the problem??