Here is a quick introduction of setting up a project in Grails.
1. Download latest version of Grails.
2. Unzip the downloaded file.
3. Setup environment variables for GRAILS_HOME and PATH
4. Create a workspace folder.
5. Open cmd and change directory onto that workspace.
6. Create a Grails Project by typing
grails create-app ProjectName
7. After a flurry of activity your project is created! You can see the ProjectName folder in your workspace. Congrats if you reached till here!
8. Change onto ProjectName directory.
9. Create Domain Class by typing
grails create-domain-class com.crawler.intro.lesson1.sampleClassName
Go and edit your domain class as you want. (You can add your fields. No need of getters and setters.. It's Groovy!)
10. Create Controller by typing
grails create-controller com.crawler.intro.lesson1.sampleClassName
grails generate-all com.crawler.intro.lesson1.sampleClassName
11. Install Grails UI plugin by typing:
grails install-plugin grails-ui
12. Add your gui components like expandable panel, accordion etc to your views. (.gsp files under views folder)