I'm having a problem starting JBoss with Windows 2000 server.
This is the output from run.bat:
JBoss Bootstrap Environment
16:26:12,250 INFO [Server] Starting JBoss (MX MicroKernel)...
16:26:12,260 INFO [Server] Release ID: JBoss [WonderLand] 3.2.2 (build: CVSTag=
16:26:12,260 INFO [Server] Home Dir: C:\jboss-3.2.2
16:26:12,260 INFO [Server] Home URL: file:/C:/jboss-3.2.2/
16:26:12,260 INFO [Server] Library URL: file:/C:/jboss-3.2.2/lib/
16:26:12,270 INFO [Server] Patch URL: null
16:26:12,270 INFO [Server] Server Name: default
16:26:12,320 INFO [Server] Server Home Dir: C:\jboss-3.2.2\server\default
16:26:12,330 INFO [Server] Server Home URL: file:/C:/jboss-3.2.2/server/default
16:26:12,330 INFO [Server] Server Data Dir: C:\jboss-3.2.2\server\default\data
16:26:12,330 INFO [Server] Server Temp Dir: C:\jboss-3.2.2\server\default\tmp
16:26:12,330 INFO [Server] Server Config URL: file:/C:/jboss-3.2.2/server/defau
16:26:12,330 INFO [Server] Server Library URL: file:/C:/jboss-3.2.2/server/defa
16:26:12,340 INFO [Server] Root Deployemnt Filename: jboss-service.xml
16:26:12,350 INFO [Server] Starting General Purpose Architecture (GPA)...
Failed to boot JBoss:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to create the MBean server instance. Class or
g.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl has raised an exception in constructor: java.l
ang.NoSuchFieldError: org.jboss.mx.modelmbean.ModelMBeanInvoker: field ALL_DESCR
IPTORS not found
Press any key to continue . . .
JBoss may not run so well with the IBM 1.3 SDK. Is it the 1.3.0 or 1.3.1 SDK? If neither works, try the Sun JDK 1.4.1_03 or better. As I remember from experimentation, there was something in the IBM 1.3.x JVM that was causing it to not be able to find the field even though it exists in the class.
I am having the exact same problem with the following configuration:
SuSE SLES8 on x86
IBM JVM 1.3.1 service release 6 20031021
Unfortunately I have to use the IBM JVM as I will eventually be running on IBM zSeries hardware and this is the only available JVM supported!
Anybody got any ideas as to how to fix this?
PS What ever happend to "Write Once Run Anyware"
It is write-once run anywhere - except the standard is evolving.
Correct me if I am wrong but the zSeries, at least for United Linux, has an SDK 1.4.x release.
Yes there is a 1.4 SDK for zSeries. However we are using other software that needs the 1.3 SDK. Any clues as to where to start looking at this. I have just spent a day getting 3.2.2 to compile on the 1.3.1 IBM SDK. However even after compiling the source I stiill get the same exception. But it was a dark alley I needed to check :o(
Unfortunately, it was one of those things I never got around to trying to work out. I suspect however, it will be related to the hierarchy of classloaders that the JVM can't handle. This seems to obscure public fields that should be visible. I've seen this happen in a few other app servers, as well as with classes I've built, optimised and obfuscated with Jarg and deployed on JBoss. Sorry I can't be more help than that.