check that the mod_jk.so file is in your /modules folder
It's in there...it seems that the problem is that this function being called by mod_jk isn't defined anywhere.
did you compile mod_jk yourself ?
or are you using a "binary" version ?
I used a binary version at first. Then I tried compiling my own, and Apache started up fine.
Now I'm having a new problem. I get a 500 Internal Server Error whenever I try to access a resource that should be passed on to JBoss/Tomcat. I checked out the mod_jk log file, and this is what I see:
[Thu Jan 13 13:00:56 2005] [jk_uri_worker_map.c (445)]: Into jk_uri_worker_map_t::map_uri_to_worker [Thu Jan 13 13:00:56 2005] [jk_uri_worker_map.c (459)]: Attempting to map URI '/status' [Thu Jan 13 13:00:56 2005] [jk_uri_worker_map.c (473)]: jk_uri_worker_map_t::map_uri_to_worker, Found an exact match ajp13 -> /status [Thu Jan 13 13:00:56 2005] [mod_jk.c (1689)]: Into handler r->proxyreq=0 r->handler=jakarta-servlet r->notes=139698256 worker=ajp13 [Thu Jan 13 13:00:56 2005] [jk_worker.c (90)]: Into wc_get_worker_for_name ajp13 [Thu Jan 13 13:00:56 2005] [jk_worker.c (94)]: wc_get_worker_for_name, done did not find a worker
So it seems to map it fine...when I make a request for status, it knows it's supposed to go to the worker named ajp13. But then for some reason it can't find the worker.
I'm posting my config files to provide a bit more info. I want to point out that I changed the worker name to default now, following a guide I found, so that's different from the output I posted above. The output's the same though, just that now the worker name is default, rather than ajp13.
Here's my workers.properties file:
# Define worker workers.list=default worker.default.port=8009 worker.default.host=localhost worker.default.type=ajp13
And here's the section of httpd.conf where it's all set up
# # mod_jk settings # JkWorkersFile "conf/workers.properties" JkLogfile "logs/mod_jk.log" JkLogLevel debug JkMount /*.jsp default JkMount /*.do default JkMount /status default # End of mod_jk settings
I got it working. It was just a little typo...workers.list should have been worker.list.
Lot of work to set up the connection, but now it's running smoothly :)