replace your </form> with </h:form>
I guess something may be wrong with your PageableDatamodel class. Not sure.
sorry the </form> tag must be a accident through copying the page code. I edited the post.
I think you are right with the datamodel class. It's based on this a articel from 2009 http://gochev.blogspot.com/2009/08/richfaces-server-side-paging-with.html.
The main change is that i extends from ExtendedDataModel instead of SerializableDataModel. In rf4 it seems there is no SerializableDataModel class so i tried it with ExtendedDataModel. Maybe iam missing something?
There is a similiar problem but with no solution:
I finally got this working.
It seems that ExtendedDatamodel not work together with the <rich:dataTable/>. I changed <rich:dataTable> against <rich:extendedDataTable/> and it works like expected.
It's normal behaviour that the <rich:dataTable/> doesn't work together with an ExtendedDatamodel in rf4?
I ask because the 'old' examples seems to work with <rich:dataTable/>.
Maybe this is an issue? If needed i can provide a simple demo project.
Sorry for the delay!... just having plates full with releaing stuff :/ Yes please provide some sample.. maybe just attach corresponding classes and pages right there.
forgot to say that actually both the tables should works in the same way with the same model...
thanks for your response. I attached a simple maven project that can be run under tomcat7.
The pageable-datatable.xhtml page defines a extendedTable which works fine and also a datatable (surrounded with ui:remove).
Remove the ui:remove tags for the datatable (and remove the extendedDatatable) and after scrolling you can see the
'error@malformedXML'error in the a4j:log.
Thanks in advance
pageabel-datamodel.zip 9.3 K
Many thanks for your report! We fixed an issue with id's adressing inside the Data components but seems when the model is used - issue still exist that's why the table pointed to list has tbody with form:itemlist2:tb id and to model with form:itemlist:0:tb so not found trying to update.
I will review source slightly more and create an issue with update that thread!
hm.. chage your model code getRowIndex to
public int getRowIndex()
and it will works fine.
P.S. will still do issue for difference review and update more.
Thanks for your investigation, Ilya.
I have the same message in log, but i am using <rich:autocomplete> tag with autocompleteMethod attribute.
it's not connected I guess. there are too much reasons for such message for different cases. so pleaserise separate thread and do not forget to provide more information. (code, versions)