So, are you following a very old document for jBPM 3.2 and another version of WebSphere..
Can you get the stack trace from the application server? so we can understand the problem better..
Thanks Mauricio for quick reply.
I realized that the wiki is very old and the steps may not be accurate for jbpm 5.1 and was7. for example I noticed that 3.2 had only one console war and jbpm db schema was also way different. I have attached the stack trace from my post.
Did you try the jBPM5 installer.. that configures all the tools for you?
I am assuming you are talking about installer jbpm-5.1.0.Final-installer-full.zip. if my assumption is correct then yes I used that to run console on JBOSS and i have no issues there. But I am running into the issues when I try to install the console war files from JBPM5 installer into WAS7.
Please correct me if i misinterpreted your response.
so basically you are copying the war files deployed in jboss into the Websphere server and changing the configurations there?
My approach to solve this kind of issues will be, just copy the files and start reporting the errors that you have.. right now seeing that stack trace it's impossible for me to give you some advices because I don't know what kind of changes did you applied.
Here are the exact steps and changes along the way:
- Deployed both WAR on Console. each with separate context root. and class loader as parent_last
- Change class loader policy to separate for each WAR
- Downloaded resteasy-jaxrs-2.2.3.GA.jar and replaced Old JAX-RS jar that came with installer with resteasy-jaxrs-2.2.3.GA (I was getting a class exception)
- Set the JVM variables on WAS for Console Directory and Birth Report Engine Installation
- Copied hibernate jars , dom4j, javassist jars in gwt-consoler-server-war/web-inf/lib
- Updated persistence.xml with DB2 datasource
- Configured Custom User Registry that takes users and group from users.props and groups.props.
Following is my user.props
# name:passwd:uid:gids:display name
# where name = userId/userName of the user
# passwd = password of the user
# uid = uniqueId of the user
# gid = groupIds of the groups that the user belongs to
# display name = a (optional) display name for the user.
# name:gid:users:display name
# where name = groupId of the group
# gid = uniqueId of the group
# users = list of all the userIds that the group contains
# display name = a (optional) display name for the group.
I also wanted to mention:
1) that I am not using guvnor for process definition repository, i am using a local folder (
2) Also I have not installed BIRT run time (i have just added path -Dorg.jbpm.report.engine.dir=D:\temp1 to bypass servlet initialization exception), my understanding is that it only comes in picture when i want to geenrate reports. For initial logon and process management BIRT is not required. Please correct me if I am missing here
so after making above changes when I start server (and I am using IE7, the client does not allow any other browsers).
and logon to console :
my screen just stays there on logon page itself and Server Logs Isee following error message:
[11/9/11 19:13:12:992 EST] 00000015 SystemOut O 2011-11-09 19:13:12,992 DEBUG [WebContainer : 0] impl.Log4jLogger - PathInfo: /identity/secure/j_security_check
[11/9/11 19:13:12:993 EST] 00000015 SystemOut O 2011-11-09 19:13:12,992 DEBUG [WebContainer : 0] impl.Log4jLogger - Failed executing POST /identity/secure/j_security_check
org.jboss.resteasy.spi.NotFoundException: Could not find resource for relative : /identity/secure/j_security_check of full path: http://localhost:9082/gwt-console-server/rs/identity/secure/j_security_check
console-logon.doc 84.0 KB
alirght folks, i am able to by pass the security error mentioned earlier ( I will post full solution , once i finally get it to work completely). Now when i start server, I get following BIRT error:
R Exception in thread "BirtService-Init"
: Failed to create birt engine
[11/11/11 15:32:03:039 EST] 00000012 SystemErr R at org.jboss.bpm.report.BirtEngineFactory.newInstance(
[11/11/11 15:32:03:039 EST] 00000012 SystemErr R at org.jboss.bpm.report.BirtService.create(
As I mentioned I have not installed birt runtime. My question is it required to start the console server properly. What if I dont want to view reports.
How do i get around above error.
Did you manage to deploy jBPM Console on WAS 7. Can you post the solution?