Your code looks ok (maybe except for the name of the rar (activemq-rar.rar).
Try this :
- download latest rar snapshot from here :http://repository.sourcesense.com/nexus/content/repositories/public/org/apache/activemq/activemq-rar/5.6-SNAPSHOT/
- drop it into the deployment folder
- drop my ejb jar in deployment folder (attached : MDB.jar)
- use my configuration (attached : standalone-full.xml)
- start a amq broker on the same box.
- start jboss
- go to http://localhost:8161/admin/queues.jsp (you should see one consumer on the queue 'q')
- post a message from amq console
-take a look at the jboss logs, you should see a message
Let me know if it works for you.
Turns out it wasn't an activeMQ issue, it was an eclipse setup issue. The "launch configuration" setting for the configuration "standalone-full.xml" needs to also match the server runtime under Window-->Preferences-->Server or you get a half configured server that is really confused. Jean-Peirre's steps worked great from my command line so I redirected my efforts to the startup configuration in eclipse. Thanks for the help.