15. Re: How to setup JBoss EAP 6 in Eclipse Indigomaxandersen May 30, 2013 5:48 PM (in response to maxandersen)
hmm...actually try this (sorry - dont have the setup to try it right now):
Point JBT on to an EAP 6.0 install, i.e. ~/servers/jboss-eap6
Download EAP 6.1 and put it in ~/servers/jboss-eap6.1
Let it install and set it up.
Now do this:
$ mv ~/servers/jboss-eap6 ~/servers/jboss-eap6.0
$ mv ~/servers/jboss-eap6.1 ~/servers/jboss-eap6
Now I *think* the adapter should at least start it.
We might need to tweak something in the launch configuration too but if this can get you pass the strict wizard
that would be good.
16. Re: How to setup JBoss EAP 6 in Eclipse Indigoclaudio4j Jun 3, 2013 9:27 AM (in response to maxandersen)
Hi Max, thanks for he tip, but it didn't work. Doing a clean build, the EAP 6 classes are not found.
17. Re: How to setup JBoss EAP 6 in Eclipse Indigomaxandersen Jun 4, 2013 3:49 AM (in response to claudio4j)
well those you will have to add manually (since they have moved so the old adapter can't find them).
You can setup that in preferences under Server/Runtime Environments/Default Classpath Entries - here you should be able to set the classpath setup for the server types.
This I'm aware limits you since it requires you to setup classpath entries for EAP 6.0 not just EAP 6.1
18. Re: How to setup JBoss EAP 6 in Eclipse Indigoclaudio4j Jun 20, 2013 1:15 PM (in response to maxandersen)
I was just using eclipse juno with jboss tools and was sick by its slowness, some icons just disappear from console window and some buggy messages.
So I went and modified jboss tools 3.3 to make it work with EAP 6.1
- download source of jboss tools core 3.3 and unpack it somewhere
- download and modify attached scripts to suit your environment (JAVA_HOME and ECLIPSE), also uncomment the section to backup target jar files
- apply the modification as suggested in the diff file.
- invoke compile.sh
NOTE: This will make it work ONLY with EAP 6.1 that uses modules/system/layers/base, EAP 6.0 _will not work_.
Tested and verified on Linux and Windows.
For your convenience I attached the compiled code (classes_as_core.zip) to save you the time to download and compile. With this piece you only need to update the target jars, see compile.sh.
Hope this help those who find that eclipse juno is not working accordingly.
classes_as_core.zip 24.2 KB
modify_jboss_tools33.zip 1.3 KB
19. Re: How to setup JBoss EAP 6 in Eclipse Indigomaxandersen Jun 21, 2013 10:10 AM (in response to claudio4j)
Thanks Claudio - have you tried the Kepler version where speed is much better ?
IF you see slowness/buggy icons etc. please open bugs at https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBIDE so we can react on them.