I have used the jBPM Installer Full to get some familiarity with jBPM and I now need to install JBoss and jBPM on a "production" system. That means I need just these two items and none of the other "demo" items installed by the Full Installer.
I installed (under Windows 7) JBoss 7.1.1 by downloading jboss-as-7.1.1.Final.zip from http://www.jboss.org/jbossas/downloads/ and then unzipped jboss-as-7.1.1.Final.zip to get the jboss-as-7.1.1.Final folder which I placed under C:\Program Files. I can launch the server with standalone.bat and I am able to access the Management Console so all indications are that it is running. (The "DOS Box" console shows no errors as well.)
I have tried to deploy jBMP in a couple of different ways:
1) With the server shutdown, I copied the six .war files (designer.war, drools-guvnor.war, jbpm-form-builder.war, jbpm-gwt-console.war, jbpm-gwt-console-server.war and jbpm-human-task-war.war) from the .\standalone\deployments folder that was created buy the Full Installer and placed them in the same folder of the new JBoss installation. I then launched JBoss and the console showed numerous errors as it detected and tried to deploy each .war. Once the "deployment process" completed the jBPM server was not running.
2) I downloaded jbpm-5.4.0.Final-gwt-console.zip from http://sourceforge.net/projects/jbpm/files/jBPM%205/jbpm-5.4.0.Final/. As above, I placed jbpm-gwt-console-server-5.4.0.Final-EE6.war in the .\standalone\deployments folder and started JBoss. I again got numerous errors which started with:
12:57:06,500 INFO [org.jboss.as.connector.subsystems.datasources] (MSC servicethread 1-1) JBAS010400: Bound data source [java:jboss/datasources/ExampleDS]
12:57:06,516 INFO [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-4) JBAS015876: Starting deployment of "jbpm-gwt-console-server-5.4.0.Final-EE6.war"
12:57:14,157 WARN [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-2) Class Path entry jaxb-api.jar in "/C:/Program Files/jboss-as-7.1.1.Final/bin/content/jbpm-gwt-console-server-5.4.0.Final-EE6.war/WEB-INF/lib/jaxb-impl-2.2.5.jar" does not point to a valid jar for a Class-Path reference.
12:57:14,157 WARN [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-2) Class Path entry activation.jar in "/C:/Program Files/jboss-as-7.1.1.Final/bin/content/jbpm-gwt-console-server-5.4.0.Final-EE6.war/WEB-INF/lib/jaxb-impl-2.2.5.jar" does not point to a valid jar for a Class-Path reference.
3) Finally, I tried using the "Deploy" feature in the console. The "Deployment" seemed to go OK but when I tried to Enable I got a "Processing" message that never closed.
My questions are:
1) How do I deploy just JBoss and jBPM (not the Full Install/Demo)? I cannot locate any instructions for doing this; can you point me to documentation for this?
2) I am trying to locate the "source" of the six .War files installed by the Full Installer. I' guessing that the following might be correct:
jbpm-gwt-console.war jbpm-5.4.0.Final-gwt-console.zip @ http://sourceforge.net/projects/jbpm/files/jBPM%205/jbpm-5.4.0.Final/
jbpm-human-task-war.war jbpm-5.4.0.Final-human-task-war.zip @ http://sourceforge.net/projects/jbpm/files/jBPM%205/jbpm-5.4.0.Final/
designer.war designer @ http://sourceforge.net/projects/jbpm/files/
Is the above correct and where do the last two come from? Further, how do these relate to the various files in jbpm-5.4.0.Final-bin.zip?
3) jbpm-5.4.0.Final-gwt-console.zip from http://sourceforge.net/projects/jbpm/files/jBPM%205/jbpm-5.4.0.Final/ contains the two files jbpm-gwt-console-server-5.4.0.Final-AS5.war and jbpm-gwt-console-server-5.4.0.Final-EE6.war. What are these two?