I'm just trying to upgrade a project from RichFaces 3.1.6 to 4.5.2. Yes, I know, this is a biiiiig upgrade. Up to now, I managed the webapp to show up in Tomcat 7.0 as "available=true". But when I try to open the start page in the browser, I get a SAXException in richfaces-rich-4.5.2.Final.jar!/META-INF/rich.taglib.xml. I also tried version 4.5.1.
The Exception also occurs in richfaces-a4j-4.5.2.Final.jar!/META-INF/a4j.taglib.xml.
When I open jar in Intellij IDEA and validate the file, I get several errors like:
That's a weird exception given that there's no <description> tag on the 11th line in either of those taglibs. I can't tell where the issue is, it might be your project settings. If you can reduce your project to a small example (http://sscce.org) I can take a look a it.