I'm hoping you can help me with a problem I am having around server integration and Teiid designer. I must start by saying I'm not that familiar with this platform, this is a research project. So I've been hitting Google pretty hard to try to setup a desktop based sandpit. I'm struggling with connecting the designer client to my testbed server. I think my server and client install is basically functional but I am struffling to integrate them and wondering why Teiid Designer is unable to connect. Here's my situation...
- I'm running on a Win7 based PC testbed using virtualbox to run a Centos6.6 vm with JBOSS and Teiid server installed. The server has 2GB RAM.
- I installed JBOSS EAP 6.3.0GA. I chose to install this in a directory /jbosseap/jboss_6.3.0 but there are various simlinks created in /usr and also a /jbosseapp/jboss-as symlink to surface a non version specific root.
- I deployed Teiid server 8.10 through the EAP console. I can stop and start the jboss-as service (did other config to get this) and though it reports some warnings in /var/log/ files, it reports as started when I enter "service jboss-as status"
- I can log into the console at port 9990 either directly on the Centos host or my windows desktop using a login "jboss".
- The console reports teiid-odata8.10 and teiid-olingo8.10 under "Manage Deployments".
- I've installed Eclipse Luna on my win 7 desktop and followed the steps to install Teiid designer. It seems to function in that I can create sources and do the initial steps in the wiki flat file example.
...so I think my server and designer client are basically working and in Designer, when setting up the connection to the server, I could browse the local file system by entering the jboss credentials. However, I am unclear how to setup the server integration and at the moment, don't think I can connect. I can "Start" it but I can't see anything in the server such as children and can't "profile", etc.).
Questions I have are...
- Are there any tests I can do to show the Teiid server is definitely working, or are the above observations enough to show it's OK?
- Are there any useful log files I could setup or access to see what happens when I change settings, there doesn't seem to be much in the Eclipse Error UI?
- What settings do I need to adjust for my environment, I've tried...
i) Choosing the remote host, which I identify by IP address
ii) Browse to the remote server home directories and choose /jbosseap/jboss-as, the symlink directory. It then chooses the standalone sub directory itself, and I have tried both the standalone.xml and standalone-teiid.xml config file
iii) I chose monitor ports manually, using Offset 0, Web 8080 and Management 9990
iv) Timeouts are set to 10 seconds
v) Remote server, Management Operations, Externally Managed, No runtime assigned.
...Everything else is as defaults
- What should I choose for the server home and config file? Do I select the top level jboss-as symlink directory for the home?
- What size of memory and CPU count should I be using on the server for reasonable performance?
Sadly, I don't have access to a Jboss support arrangement so If anyone can suggest a line of enquiry, to point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate that help.