Skip navigation
2016

Windup roadmap leads the 3.0 milestone to be a web application.

After some consideration, we chose Angular 2 (the other considered option was Wicket 7) and, of course, JBoss EAP 7 as a backend platform.

 

So far, the application is quite small. And since JBoss EAP Quickstarts are missing an Angular 2 quickstart, you can use it as such

There's a new video codec HEVC (High Eficiency Video Codec), and certain media from "certain sources" come in that format.

To play that, you need the latest SW or firmware.

If you play these videos in VLC, then you're going to need VLC 2.2.x. Here's how to put it to Ubuntu 14.04:

https://launchpad.net/~mc3man/+archive/ubuntu/trusty-media/

 

In short:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mc3man/trusty-media
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

 

Pay the special attention to the note:

Please note that if using this ppa I would *not* try upgrading to 14.10/15.04, ect. Do a fresh install instead. The intent here is just for users wishing to stay on 14.04*

If upgrading anyway use ppa-purge first -

sudo ppa-purge ppa:mc3man/trusty-media

Then you need the codec itself:

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:strukturag/libde265
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install vlc-plugin-libde265

 

This worked for me.

Enjoy. And don't forget to purge and remove these repos before upgrading to new Ubuntu version!

I've set up Arquillian with Selenium 2 testing.

It's not trivial as Arquillian is quite modularized and you need to pick the right bits and right versions, and there are not many places which would guide you through that.

This is what I used to get oriented:

Testing JSF Applications with Arquillian and Selenium - YouTube

 

After setting things up, I got into WebDriverException: Permission denied to access property '...'.

That turned out to be a bug in Selenium 2.52 which is discussed here:

Webdriver Firefox Exception : org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: Permission denied to access property '__qosId' · I…

 

That's where I got before Jess Sightler came with his master skills and figured that out sooner than me, and used PhantomJS instead of FirefoxDriver.