I'm extremely stoked to announce that the JBoss Portlet Bridge is passing the JSR-329 TCK and has been approved by Oracle. This has been a challenging and fun ride down the road of standards due to the fact that this spec covers 2 others, JSR-286 (portlet 2.0) and JSR-314 (JSF 1.2).
I would like to personally thank the people who made this project a success:
The JBoss Community - Without the constant feedback and support, we would not have made it to this point.
Alexander Smirnov - The wizard behind the curtain, founder of Ajax4JSF, and overall brilliant guy.
Michael Freedman - Whose tireless effort towards making portals a better place with JSF is greatly appreciated. Mike's knowledge and dedication to the spec had been awesome to witness. Here's to JSF 2.0 in portals!
My excitement for this day and the future of the JBoss Portlet Bridge can be best compared to this youtube video about double rainbows (this is how I felt after passing all the tests)...
If you would like to run this TCK against our implementation, here are the instructions:
- Download and locally build the JBoss Portlet Bridge 2.1.1.CR1
- Download Pluto 2.0.0
- Checkout the JSR-329 TCK
- Run the TestSuite and build the TestHarness wars
- mvn clean install -DincludeJSF=mojarra -Dmojarra.version=1.2_13 -Dtck.generate-war=pluto2.0 -DincludeBridge -Dportlet-bridge.groupId=org.jboss.portletbridge -Dportlet-bridge.api.artifactId=portletbridge-api -Dportlet-bridge.impl.artifactId=portletbridge-impl -Dportlet-bridge.version=2.1.1.CR1
- Deploy the 3 wars to your pluto 2.0 portal:
- Start the server and ensure all 211 pages deployed (http://localhost:8080/pluto)
- Stop the server and download the attachments from this Jira issue and put them in the appropriate spot as declared by the TCK User Guide.
- Start the server and issue the following command to run the TestHarness (replace paths with your environment paths):
- mvn surefire-report:report -Dtck.external-server=run-test -Dbridge.tck.test.file=/Users/wesleyhales/projects/JSRs/jsr329/trunk_2.0.x/test.xml -Dbridge.tck.login-file=/Users/wesleyhales/projects/JSRs/jsr329/trunk_2.0.x/login.properties -Dbridge.tck.browser="*firefox /Applications/Firefox3.6.app/Contents/MacOS/firefox-bin"
- Some tests will fail, this is normal and noted in the TCK User Guide from Oracle. You must run the failed tests individually. See the test.xml file for notes and instructions on running the individual tests.
- If you have any issues, review the PBR-254 jira for anything you may have missed.