1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2007 8:33 AM by Adrian Brock

JBossEjbParsingDeployer can't handle EJB3 jboss.xml

Carlo de Wolf Master

I put in a hack some time ago to have the EJB3 deployer handle version 3 jboss.xml files. This hack is there because the current deployer chain has no notion of annotations, thus an annotated bean leads to:

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Bean OverrideDefaultedQueueTestMDB not declared in the ejb-jar.xml
       at org.jboss.deployment.JBossEjbObjectFactory.setValue(JBossEjbObjectFactory.java:655)

How are we going to fix this? My guess is: EjbAnnotationParsingDeployer -> EjbParsingDeployer -> JBossEjbParsingDeployer.
      Note that there is a nice feature in EJB3 which uses ejb3-interceptors-aop.xml to define the aspects. This is highly dependant upon annotations. I want to keep ejb3-interceptors-aop.xml. So in the end all metadata is converted back into annotations. (This probably needs to change for metadata-complete, where we must ignore annotations.)

Should the deployers really be in server? It's an integration point between the functional module / component (ejb3, web etc) and AS 5. Shouldn't we have an ejb3-int module for those?

Can we split out the object factories from the deployers to another component which is usable in AS 4.2? AFAIK there is no unmet dependency in AS 4.2 from the object factories.

1 2 Previous Next