1 2 Previous Next 25 Replies Latest reply on Apr 5, 2006 10:02 AM by joel.rosi-schwartz

Web Services with EJB3

babo

I have to implement several web services, and I want to use JBoss-EJB3. How can I do this with the less effort? ( :) )
      Can I use WebService releated annotations (as in JSR....)? Or what?

• 1. Re: Web Services with EJB3
          bill.burke

we haven't implemented yet. It is on the roadmap.

• 2. Re: Web Services with EJB3
            babo

Thank you,

but can I use an other WS engine (Axis, for example) with EJB3, to provide ws interface?
            I would create a wrapper class for each session bean, and use them to promote as web service.

• 3. Re: Web Services with EJB3
              bill.burke

that seems possible...we hope to have a WS impl for EJB3 by june if you can wait.

• 4. Re: Web Services with EJB3
                bmhardy

Hello. Is there now a way to easily create a web service from a session bean built with EJB3. If so, can you point me toward the documentation / examples?

Thank you.

Brian

• 5. Re: Web Services with EJB3
                  bill.burke

We will only support web service + EJB3 with JBoss 5. For EJB3+JBoss 4, you will not be able to use webservices. Apologies. We may change this based on customer demand. JBoss 5 will be out sometime Q3 (an alpha). I believe Thomas Diesler has something working in CVS HEAD though if you just want to play...Don't ask me though...

• 6. Re: Web Services with EJB3

You can still deploy standard J2EE 1.4 webservices alongside EJB3 archives. I've created a handful of EJB endpoint webservices that merely proxy to EJB3 beans inside an ear file. Thanks to the unified classloader, it is really quite easy to get them working.

It's a drag to have the dichotomy of EJB2.x and EJB3 in the same ear, but it'll do until EJB3 supports webservices.

Cheers,
                    Darin

• 7. Re: Web Services with EJB3
                      babo

Thank you for your replies, I have been implemented the system using EJB3 +J2EE 1.4 Web services, and everything is working fine!
                      I think EJB3 is the best thing that could happen to J2EE :)

Babo

• 8. Re: Web Services with EJB3
                        bmhardy

Thank you for the information guys. Could point me in the direction of some examples or documentation that may help me to understand how to create J2EE 1.4 Webservices (and perhaps along with EJB3 using a proxy)? I'm very new to Webservices under JBoss. I've done a couple under BEA.

Thanks again.
                        Brian

• 9. Re: Web Services with EJB3
                          bill.burke

If anybody can provide information on how to proxy EJB3 with an EJB 2.1 with web services, please publish something on our WIKI:
                          http://www.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=EJB3

• 10. Re: Web Services with EJB3
                            elkner

Bill,

is it possible to put the roadmap/EJB3 plans somewhere on the web? This would at least help us, to plan projects/make project decisions wrt. technologies to use (Even a rough picture is more than nothing ;-))

Thx,
                            jens.

• 11. Re: Web Services with EJB3
                              bill.burke

jira.jboss.com

• 12. Re: Web Services with EJB3
                                dhartford

"bill.burke@jboss.com" wrote:
                                We will only support web service + EJB3 with JBoss 5. For EJB3+JBoss 4, you will not be able to use webservices. Apologies. We may change this based on customer demand.

+1 here on jboss4 support of EJB3+WebServices.

Has there been any movement regarding how to use EJB2.1 WebService endpoints with EJB3?

• 13. Re: Web Services with EJB3
                                  elkner

dito: +1

• 14. Re: Web Services with EJB3
                                    elmosca

+1 for me too. It would be perfect to support Web Services with EJB3. The earlier, the better ;-)

1 2 Previous Next