4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2008 5:20 AM by yamchee

jbpm 3.2.2 web console on JBoss 4.2.0 - NullPointerException

gerrmann

Hello,

I'm running the jbpm-console war that comes with the Jbpm 3.2.2. Suite distribution on a JBoss 4.2.0 server. I've modified the war as described in the Wiki article at http://www.jboss.com/wiki/Edit.jsp?page=DeployJbpm3.2WebAppUnderJBoss4.2.x. My Jbpm database is in Oracle 9i which was created using the Oracle script in the 3.2.2 Suite.

The console web app starts up without error. I am able to upload process definitions via the "Deploy" tab of the Jbpm Graphical Process Designer in Eclipse, and my Seam component (Seam 2.0) successfully starts a new process instance and inserts it into the database.

Here's the problem: Although I can bring up the console application in my browser and successfully log in, the following error is displayed on the "Processes" page of the console app:

"Error loading process list: An exception of type "java.lang.NullPointerException" was thrown."

No processes are displayed. I get a similar error when I click on any of the menu links (Tasks, Jobs, Identities,...) in the console application. I get the same error when I try to upload a process definition via the web console (although, as stated above, I have no problem uploading process definitions via the Graphical Process Designer in Eclipse).

I see no stack trace for the NullPointerException in the server log. I've added log4j.jar and a log4j.properties file to the jbpm console war so I get a log for the console web application, but again there is no stack trace.

Can anyone tell me where I might find a stack trace for the NullPointerException? OR has anyone else experienced this error and resolved it?

Thanks for any help you can give.