1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2008 4:55 PM by Ronald van Kuijk

problem when traversing to end state

richard bradwell Newbie

Hi,

First of all I'd just like to say that the jbpm code looks of very high quality and it's a great framework. Hopefully if I get to the point where I understand it sufficiently I may be able to contribute some bug fixes.

I have a UI that allows shows me task list, allows me to create new tasks and update variables at each stage. I'm using container managed persistence as set up in accordance with

http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Jbpm32UsingCMT

I'm having problems when calling taskInstance.end() on a task which leads to an end state. The persistance seems to be working because new rows in the database are appearing for new task instances etc. However when I take a transition from a penultimate state to an end state I get the stack trace below.

javax.faces.FacesException: Error calling action method of component with id taskform:transitionButton
       at org.apache.myfaces.application.ActionListenerImpl.processAction(ActionListenerImpl.java:74)
       at javax.faces.component.UICommand.broadcast(UICommand.java:106)
       at javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot._broadcastForPhase(UIViewRoot.java:90)
       at javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot.processApplication(UIViewRoot.java:164)
       at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.invokeApplication(LifecycleImpl.java:271)
       at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:86)
       at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:94)
       at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:225)
       at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:127)
       at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:283)
       at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:175)
       at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3214)
       at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
       at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:121)
       at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:1983)
       at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:1890)
       at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1344)
       at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:209)
       at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:181)
      Caused by: javax.faces.el.EvaluationException: Exception while invoking expression #{taskBean.saveAndClose}
       at org.apache.myfaces.el.MethodBindingImpl.invoke(MethodBindingImpl.java:153)
       at org.apache.myfaces.application.ActionListenerImpl.processAction(ActionListenerImpl.java:63)
       ... 18 more
      Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: cannot assign instance of org.hibernate.exception.NestableDelegate to field org.hibernate.exception.NestableRuntimeException.delegate of type org.hibernate.exception.NestableDelegate in instance of org.hibernate.SessionException
       at java.io.ObjectStreamClass$FieldReflector.setObjFieldValues(Ljava.lang.Object;[Ljava.lang.Object;)V(Unknown Source)
       at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.setObjFieldValues(Ljava.lang.Object;[Ljava.lang.Object;)V(Unknown Source)
       at java.io.ObjectInputStream.defaultReadFields(Ljava.lang.Object;Ljava.io.ObjectStreamClass;)V(Unknown Source)
       at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readSerialData(Ljava.lang.Object;Ljava.io.ObjectStreamClass;)V(Unknown Source)
       at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(Z)Ljava.lang.Object;(Unknown Source)
       at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(Z)Ljava.lang.Object;(Unknown Source)
       at java.io.ObjectInputStream.defaultReadFields(Ljava.lang.Object;Ljava.io.ObjectStreamClass;)V(Unknown Source)
       at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readSerialData(Ljava.lang.Object;Ljava.io.ObjectStreamClass;)V(Unknown Source)
       at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(Z)Ljava.lang.Object;(Unknown Source)
       at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(Z)Ljava.lang.Object;(Unknown Source)
       at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject()Ljava.lang.Object;(Unknown Source)
       at weblogic.rmi.extensions.server.CBVInputStream.readObjectInternal(CBVInputStream.java:71)
       at weblogic.rmi.extensions.server.CBVInputStream.readObject(CBVInputStream.java:65)
       at weblogic.rmi.internal.ServerRequest.unmarshalThrowable(ServerRequest.java:352)
       at weblogic.rmi.internal.ServerRequest.getThrowable(ServerRequest.java:62)
       at weblogic.rmi.internal.ServerRequest.sendReceive(ServerRequest.java:203)
       at weblogic.rmi.cluster.ClusterableRemoteRef.invoke(ClusterableRemoteRef.java:335)
       at weblogic.rmi.cluster.ClusterableRemoteRef.invoke(ClusterableRemoteRef.java:252)
       at com.nr.tms.workflow.interaction.ejb.TMSWorkflowService_7jxszs_EOImpl_920_WLStub.saveAndCloseTask(JLjava.lang.String;Ljava.util.List;)V(Unknown Source)
       at org.jbpm.webapp.bean.TaskBean.saveAndClose(TaskBean.java:100)
       at jrockit.reflect.VirtualNativeMethodInvoker.invoke(Ljava.lang.Object;[Ljava.lang.Object;)Ljava.lang.Object;(Unknown Source)
       at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Ljava.lang.Object;[Ljava.lang.Object;I)Ljava.lang.Object;(Unknown Source)
       at org.apache.myfaces.el.MethodBindingImpl.invoke(MethodBindingImpl.java:129)
       at org.apache.myfaces.application.ActionListenerImpl.processAction(ActionListenerImpl.java:63)
       at javax.faces.component.UICommand.broadcast(UICommand.java:106)
       at javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot._broadcastForPhase(UIViewRoot.java:90)
       at javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot.processApplication(UIViewRoot.java:164)
       at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.invokeApplication(LifecycleImpl.java:271)
       at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:86)

1 2 Previous Next