7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2008 7:11 AM by kukeltje

dynamic deadlines on tasks ?

lblaauw

Hi,

Just wondering on how to build or even better, just configur through a variable, to have dynamic deadlines on taks in jpdl ? Basically the scenario I need to implement is to have a deadline escalate wich differs per case/instance of the workflow.

Thanks for all input,

Leo

• 1. Re: dynamic deadlines on tasks ?
          kukeltje

yes, wait for 3.2.3 which will be released shortly... there you can use EL to reference e.g. a processvariable that can be used for duedates. You can also do some math there like #{procVar + 3 days}

• 2. Re: dynamic deadlines on tasks ?
            lblaauw

Ronald,

That would be great and just what we need ;-) Any rough estimates on when 3.2.3 will be arriving ? I tried to upgrade our 3.2.2. with a build from the repository and it was labeled 3.2.3 but ran into some problems...

Regards,
            Leo

"kukeltje" wrote:
            yes, wait for 3.2.3 which will be released shortly... there you can use EL to reference e.g. a processvariable that can be used for duedates. You can also do some math there like #{procVar + 3 days}

• 3. Re: dynamic deadlines on tasks ?
              kukeltje

soon... less then a month 1 expect, maybe a lot less

I tried to upgrade our 3.2.2. with a build from the repository and it was labeled 3.2.3 but ran into some problems...

please elaborate, so we can maybe prevent some things

• 4. Re: dynamic deadlines on tasks ?
                lblaauw

Well,

One of the things I had a problem with was the fact that now jpb config needs to be set into a system variable for it to work I guess. Is that intended ? It seems to resolve itselves automatically on the classpath in the jars or firstfound in 3.2.2 ?

I had this traced down originally but switched back to 3.2.2 since that worked fine.

I will give 3.2.3 another shot tomorrow since it seems to me that the EL deadline stuff is in the repository currently.

Regards,
                Leo

"kukeltje" wrote:

I tried to upgrade our 3.2.2. with a build from the repository and it was labeled 3.2.3 but ran into some problems...

• 5. Re: dynamic deadlines on tasks ?
                  lblaauw

Ronald,

After I did an update from the repository today and redeployed with the jpdl 3.2.3 jar it seems all AoK at this time ;-) So I will try to implement some dynamic deadline in our processes and see how we fare with that.

Greetings,
                  Leo

"lblaauw" wrote:
                  Well,

One of the things I had a problem with was the fact that now jpb config needs to be set into a system variable for it to work I guess. Is that intended ? It seems to resolve itselves automatically on the classpath in the jars or firstfound in 3.2.2 ?

I had this traced down originally but switched back to 3.2.2 since that worked fine.

I will give 3.2.3 another shot tomorrow since it seems to me that the EL deadline stuff is in the repository currently.

Regards,
                  Leo

"kukeltje" wrote:

• 6. Re: dynamic deadlines on tasks ?
                    memius

Where can I found more information about the use of expressions ?
                    I am myself interested in retrieving the due date from a process variable, but I didn't find any syntactic help (yet ?)

Sincerely,
                    Dieter D'haeyere

• 7. Re: dynamic deadlines on tasks ?
                      kukeltje

uhhmm... the docs?