1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 3, 2007 10:06 AM by domyalex

Defining new CMS portlet instance

halversp

I'm trying to define a new CMS portlet instance for some custom page content but I can't seem to make a valid reference in my portlet-instances.xml to a portlet in a different webapp (e.g. core). No matter what I provide as a portlet-ref, JBP keeps trying to append my webapp's context name ("arcdrm") to the front of the portlet name, and obviously failing. I've tried "CMSPortlet", "portal.CMSPortlet", and "local.portal.CMSPortlet", all fail with something like

Failed to create instance WelcomePortletInstance of portlet arcdrm.local.portal.CMSPortlet because portlet arcdrm.local.portal.CMSPortlet is not available

How are the values of <portlet-ref> parsed? Is is simply impossible to refer to portlets outside the immediate portlets.xml context, or is there some naming convention I haven't stumbled upon? It's clearly supported in the portal proper, as I can set this instance up administratively, but I need to be able to do it declaratively through the xml deployment.

appreciate insight,

p

• 1. Re: Defining new CMS portlet instance
          domyalex

I'm facing the exact same problem!
          I'm trying to create a new page with a reference to the Rss portlet, but with a different xml feed address.

I can do it perfectly from the admin page, but I'd like to be able to specify it from the xml descriptor. How can this be done?

Regards

Alejandro