5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2007 8:23 PM by theute

Authentication

vsramineni

Intialy i posted this question in user forum but i didn't got the reply.

Hai,
      Iam using DatabaseServerLoginModule as Login module to my application.

I configured login-config.xml and i placed users.properties,roles.properties
      in conf folder of jboss.

When i login into the portal using users which are created by me , in portal header iam not getting logged in as : ,logout and other links, instead of
      these iam getting login link again and this is not happening when i login as
      admin (this is also there in my users list) .
      This is may be due to my users are not there in portal database.

please give me some suggestions regarding this. Iam new to all these things

JBoss-portal 2.6-CR2

thanks

• 1. Re: Authentication
          mputz

but i didn't got the reply.

c'mon, this was just 1 1/2 hrs ago!

You don't need the properties files, as you are using the DatabaseServerLoginModule, the information is loaded from the *database*. There is an initial admin user in the db, and if you want to create more users, you will find a link to do so on the initial screen of JBoss Portal.

• 2. Re: Authentication
            vsramineni

Quote:
            but i didn't got the reply. Iam sorry for this.

If i remove the properties files from conf folder of jboss server ,it is giving an exception like

ERROR [UsersRolesLoginModule] Failed to load users/passwords/role files
            java.io.IOException: No properties file: users.properties or defaults: defaultUsers.properties found.

• 3. Re: Authentication
              vsramineni

Quote:

If i remove the properties files from conf folder of jboss server ,it is throwing an exception like this

java.io.IOException: No properties file: users.properties or defaults: defaultUsers.properties found.

• 4. Re: Authentication
                vsramineni

hai mputz

Quote:

If i remove the properties files from conf folder of jboss server ,it is throwing an exception like this

• 5. Re: Authentication
                  theute

What are you trying to achieve ?
                  Why did you change login-config.xml ? You should have a look at the JBoss Portal documentation, using the database is the default behavior, you have nothing to change.