3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2009 8:33 AM by peris

Portlets doView() method Problem in portlets

Jboss server 4.2.2GA.

jboss portal 2.7.0.

I have created one portal . This portal contains many portlets. I get the value from one portlet to another portlet using IPC(Inter Portlet communication). But when I access(submit) any one portlet the remaining portlets doView() method is also called. Is it possible to avoid this issue.If it is please guide me.

For example. I have a,b,c,d,e,f portlets. c and d having IPC relation ship. If I submit c portlet the remaining portlets a,b,d,e,and f doView() method is also called. because of this again and again It get the value from DB.

• 1. Re: Portlets doView() method Problem in portlets

This is a standard part of the portlet lifecycle (portlet 2-phase, action/render lifecycle).

Off the cuff, I can think of a few ways to help with your scenario:

don't load data from the database in your render (doView) calls
          check out the out of the box ajax/partial-refresh features to see if they can work in your scenario: http://docs.jboss.org/jbportal/v2.7.0/referenceGuide/html_single/#d0e13283

• 2. Re: Portlets doView() method Problem in portlets

Already I have used the following code in my jboss-portlet.xml. But The same problem is occured.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
            <!DOCTYPE portlet-app PUBLIC "-//JBoss Portal//DTD JBoss Portlet 2.6//EN" "http://www.jboss.org/portal/dtd/jboss-portlet_2_6.dtd">
            <portlet-app>
            <portlet>
            <portlet-name>DashboardPortlet</portlet-name>
            <ajax><partial-refresh>true</partial-refresh></ajax>
            <header-content>
            <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/css/Dashboard_SpryAccordion.css" title="" media="screen" />
            <script src="/js/Dashboard_SpryEffects.js"/>
            <script src="/js/Dashboard_SpryAccordion.js"/>
            </header-content>

</portlet>
            </portlet-app>

• 3. Re: Portlets doView() method Problem in portlets

I have set page referesh in admin module for this portal. Now it is solved. I have one more issue in page referesh. I have created some chart portlet dynamically. These values are comes from left region and created charts are displyed in center region.

for example: I have created dynamic portlet a. Again I created portlet b. Actual result : Now the old portlet is deleted the new one is created.

Problem : Old one is displayed in center region. (but I have checked in admin part the new portlet is created and assigned in center region). If I referesh the whole page I get the new portlet. Is it possible to referesh ony center region instead of whole page.

I hope you will get my point. Thanks in advance.