1 2 3 Previous Next 30 Replies Latest reply on Mar 28, 2008 8:50 PM by bytor99999

JBAS-5259, JMS Destination Names is showing as QueueServiceM

starksm64

I don't see this problem in the JmsDestinationUnitTestCase which was updated to validate that the retrieved ManagedComponent.getName() value matches the jndiName property used to create the destination:

public void testCreateQueue() throws Exception
       {
       Map<String, Serializable> propValues = new HashMap<String, Serializable>();
       String jndiName = getName();
       propValues.put("JNDIName", jndiName);
       ComponentType type = KnownComponentTypes.JMSDestination.Queue.getType();
       createComponentTest("QueueTemplate", propValues, getName(),
       type, jndiName);
       ManagedComponent queue = activeView.getComponent("testCreateQueue", type);
       assertNotNull(queue);
       assertEquals("testCreateQueue", queue.getName());
       }

Is there something I'm missing to produce the bad name?

• 1. Re: JBAS-5259, JMS Destination Names is showing as QueueServ

I'll debug and check again and let you know what I see on my end.

Thanks

• 2. Re: JBAS-5259, JMS Destination Names is showing as QueueServ

I am also wondering if this might be related to me not getting Snapshot jars, but getting MC Beta 10 jars for some of the jars when we use the JBoss Maven snapshot repo for microcontainer?

• 3. Re: JBAS-5259, JMS Destination Names is showing as QueueServ
              starksm64

Its not part of the mc/jboss-managed code, so that should not matter.

• 4. Re: JBAS-5259, JMS Destination Names is showing as QueueServ

After stepping through both the console and the ManagementViewImpl class, I still am not getting the Topics/Queues. In the ManagementViewImpl class the compByCompType Map only had two keys in it, one LocalTX Datasource type and one for the JMS XA Connection Factory. There was no entries for JMSDestinations-Topics or Queues.

So it got me thinking, in looking at the ManagedDeployment object that holds
                "vfsfile:/C:/JBossServers/jboss-5.0.0.CR1/server/default/deploy/messaging/"
                I found the destinations-service.xml Deployment, and it did not have any children. I am thinking this is the key. All the Topics and Queues that I am expecting to see are all defined in the destinations-service.xml file.

I am thinking in the Hudson testsuite the JMS Unit Test, which adds a Topic/Queue through the profile service, is running before the ProfileService Unit Test, and that is why the test in the ProfileService Unit Test is passing the size() > 0

What do you think?

Thanks

Mark

• 5. Re: JBAS-5259, JMS Destination Names is showing as QueueServ
                  starksm64

Ok, I see. Yes, we don't deploy a bunch of default destinations in jboss5. All jms tests deploy what they need at the start. The JmsDestinationUnitTestCase creates destinations so its not depending on existing destinations.

There are two queues in the deploy/messaging/destinations-service.xml deployment, DLQ, ExpiryQueue. I'll update the JmsDestinationUnitTestCase to query those.

• 6. Re: JBAS-5259, JMS Destination Names is showing as QueueServ
                    starksm64

I added JmsDestinationUnitTestCase.testDLQ to query the queue for the existing DLQ and its not finding the component. Looking at why that is.

• 7. Re: JBAS-5259, JMS Destination Names is showing as QueueServ
                      starksm64

Its been fixed. The real issue was JBAS-5223.

• 8. Re: JBAS-5259, JMS Destination Names is showing as QueueServ

So JBAS-5223 is now resolved and checked in?

Thanks

Mark

• 9. Re: JBAS-5259, JMS Destination Names is showing as QueueServ
                          starksm64

Yes

• 10. Re: JBAS-5259, JMS Destination Names is showing as QueueServ

I am still getting null returned from getComponentsByType. The compByCompType map only has two entries one for LocalTX Datasources and the other for XAConnectionFactory. Our code is definitely doing a refresh of the managementView.

The testDLQ test doesn't seem to be running in Hudson, I noticed that that test is not added to the testSuite.

Sorry, thanks

Mark

• 11. Re: JBAS-5259, JMS Destination Names is showing as QueueServ
                              starksm64

The testDLQ is definitely checked in:
                              https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/trunk/testsuite/src/main/org/jboss/test/profileservice/test/JmsDestinationUnitTestCase.java
                              but was not in the suite of explicitly declared tests. I have added that.

I tried running this on another box:

[starksm@valkyrie testsuite]$ ant tests-profileservice
                               [junit] Running org.jboss.test.profileservice.test.JmsDestinationUnitTestCase
                               [junit] Tests run: 5, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 3.681 sec
                               [junit] Running org.jboss.test.profileservice.test.ProfileServiceUnitTestCase

• 12. Re: JBAS-5259, JMS Destination Names is showing as QueueServ

OK, I'll download the latest Hudson build and see if that helps. I have #1178, which has your changes. I'll try 1189, since the past three builds have failed.

I'll also see if I can build and run the testsuite on my machine here. I usually don't have much luck building, but that is just me. :)

Thanks

Mark

• 13. Re: JBAS-5259, JMS Destination Names is showing as QueueServ

Actually, I'll need to update from svn, but with the Hudson build failing, my chances of getting a local build is nill.

Mark

• 14. Re: JBAS-5259, JMS Destination Names is showing as QueueServ

Using build #1202 I see the following about 6 times. This is at AS startup, when we are discovering what is deployed. Which would be before the Queues and Topics are even deployed. Also, these exceptions are now stopping us from seeing the Datasources too, but I think that is an after-affect.

Thanks

Mark

09:35:46,984 INFO [ProfileJBossServerDiscoveryComponent] Discovering resources of Server Type: ResourceType[id=0, categ
                                    ory=Server, name=Application Server, plugin=ProfileService]
                                    09:35:47,281 INFO [ManagementViewImpl] Creating hsqldb-ds.xml ManagedDeployment
                                    09:35:47,343 INFO [ManagementViewImpl] DefaultDS ManagementComponent
                                    09:35:50,359 WARN [QueueService] Queue is stopped
                                    09:35:50,359 WARN [AbstractManagedObjectFactory] Cannot create String name from non-Simple property: ManagedProperty{JN
                                    DIName,JNDIName,metaType=SimpleMetaType:java.lang.String}, value=null
                                    09:35:50,375 WARN [QueueService] Queue is stopped
                                    09:35:50,375 WARN [AbstractManagedObjectFactory] Cannot create String name from non-Simple property: ManagedProperty{JN
                                    DIName,JNDIName,metaType=SimpleMetaType:java.lang.String}, value=null
                                    09:35:50,421 WARN [TopicService] Topic is stopped.
                                    09:35:50,421 ERROR [ExceptionUtil] Topic[(destination.getName() == NULL)] listMessagesNonDurableSub
                                    java.lang.NullPointerException
                                    at org.jboss.jms.server.destination.ManagedTopic.getMessageCounters(ManagedTopic.java:159)
                                    at org.jboss.jms.server.destination.TopicService.getMessageCounters(TopicService.java:549)
                                    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
                                    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
                                    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
                                    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
                                    at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.AttributeDispatcher.invoke(AttributeDispatcher.java:99)
                                    at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:96)
                                    at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:88)
                                    at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ModelMBeanAttributeInterceptor.invoke(ModelMBeanAttributeInterceptor.java:197)
                                    at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.PersistenceInterceptor.invoke(PersistenceInterceptor.java:76)
                                    at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:90)
                                    at org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.getAttribute(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:362)
                                    at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.getAttribute(MBeanServerImpl.java:565)
                                    at org.jboss.system.deployers.managed.ServiceMetaDataICF.getValue(ServiceMetaDataICF.java:150)
                                    at org.jboss.system.deployers.managed.ServiceMetaDataICF.getValue(ServiceMetaDataICF.java:55)
                                    at org.jboss.managed.plugins.factory.AbstractManagedObjectFactory.populateValues(AbstractManagedObjectFactory.ja
                                    va:603)
                                    at org.jboss.managed.plugins.factory.AbstractManagedObjectFactory.populateManagedObject(AbstractManagedObjectFac
                                    tory.java:552)
                                    at org.jboss.managed.plugins.factory.AbstractManagedObjectFactory.initManagedObject(AbstractManagedObjectFactory
                                    .java:186)
                                    at org.jboss.managed.plugins.factory.AbstractManagedObjectFactory.getValue(AbstractManagedObjectFactory.java:763
                                    )
                                    at org.jboss.managed.plugins.factory.AbstractManagedObjectFactory.populateValues(AbstractManagedObjectFactory.ja
                                    va:603)
                                    at org.jboss.managed.plugins.factory.AbstractManagedObjectFactory.populateManagedObject(AbstractManagedObjectFac
                                    tory.java:552)
                                    at org.jboss.managed.plugins.factory.AbstractManagedObjectFactory.initManagedObject(AbstractManagedObjectFactory
                                    .java:186)
                                    at org.jboss.deployers.spi.deployer.helpers.AbstractParsingDeployerWithOutput.build(AbstractParsingDeployerWithO
                                    utput.java:290)
                                    at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployerWrapper.build(DeployerWrapper.java:202)
                                    at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployersImpl.getManagedObjects(DeployersImpl.java:341)
                                    at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.main.MainDeployerImpl.getManagedObjects(MainDeployerImpl.java:674)
                                    at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.main.MainDeployerImpl.processManagedDeployment(MainDeployerImpl.java:723)
                                    at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.main.MainDeployerImpl.getManagedDeployment(MainDeployerImpl.java:655)
                                    at org.jboss.profileservice.management.ManagementViewImpl.loadProfile(ManagementViewImpl.java:186)
                                    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
                                    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
                                    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
                                    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
                                    at org.jboss.aop.Dispatcher.invoke(Dispatcher.java:121)
                                    at org.jboss.aspects.remoting.AOPRemotingInvocationHandler.invoke(AOPRemotingInvocationHandler.java:82)
                                    at org.jboss.profileservice.remoting.ProfileServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ProfileServiceInvocationHandler.java
                                    :56)
                                    at org.jboss.remoting.ServerInvoker.invoke(ServerInvoker.java:847)
                                    at org.jboss.remoting.transport.local.LocalClientInvoker.invoke(LocalClientInvoker.java:101)
                                    at org.jboss.remoting.Client.invoke(Client.java:1685)
                                    at org.jboss.remoting.Client.invoke(Client.java:589)
                                    at org.jboss.aspects.remoting.InvokeRemoteInterceptor.invoke(InvokeRemoteInterceptor.java:62)
                                    at org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.java:101)
                                    at org.jboss.aspects.remoting.MergeMetaDataInterceptor.invoke(MergeMetaDataInterceptor.java:74)
                                    at org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.java:101)
                                    at org.jboss.aspects.security.SecurityClientInterceptor.invoke(SecurityClientInterceptor.java:65)
                                    at AOPProxy$1.loadProfile(AOPProxy$1.java)
                                    at org.rhq.plugins.jbossas5.factory.ProfileServiceFactory.refreshCurrentProfileView(ProfileServiceFactory.java:1
                                    02)
                                    at org.rhq.plugins.jbossas5.factory.ProfileServiceFactory.getCurrentProfileView(ProfileServiceFactory.java:86)
                                    at org.rhq.plugins.jbossas5.factory.ProfileServiceFactory.refreshCurrentProfileView(ProfileServiceFactory.java:1
                                    02)
                                    at org.rhq.plugins.jbossas5.ProfileJBossServerDiscoveryComponent.discoverResources(ProfileJBossServerDiscoveryCo
                                    mponent.java:54)
                                    at org.rhq.core.pc.inventory.AutoDiscoveryExecutor.pluginDiscovery(AutoDiscoveryExecutor.java:189)
                                    at org.rhq.core.pc.inventory.AutoDiscoveryExecutor.call(AutoDiscoveryExecutor.java:98)
                                    at org.rhq.core.pc.inventory.AutoDiscoveryExecutor.call(AutoDiscoveryExecutor.java:65)
                                    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:269)
                                    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:123)
                                    at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.j
                                    ava:65)
                                    at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:168
                                    )
                                    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:650)
                                    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)
                                    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

1 2 3 Previous Next