1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2006 11:11 PM by gohip

Does anyone have a up to date proc for building source

rgjawanda

I'm having all kinds of difficulty building source.
      I downloaded the M5 revision source
      Got jboss-4.0.4
      pointed JAVA_home t0 my jboss-4.0.4 directory
      Got ant
      built.
      EJB3 errors

Downloaded EJB 3.0 RC8
      Tried to follow the install
      told me to place things in all/lib and all directory
      This is wrong.
      The build looks for default/lib not all/lib
      Copied most of the stuff into default/lib
      The client libraries it told me to copy didn't exist.

Got lots of compiler errors after this but not the ejb3.deployer error so I did something right.
      I'm really trying to create a mail listener and don't want to give up.

If Anyone has a hint I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks
      Ron
      PS: Windows XP is what I am compiling with. Java 5 update 7

• 1. Re: Does anyone have a up to date proc for building source
          gohip

when I do builds, I am not using an external JBoss AS server install

I just repeated the process today, on a brand new computer, with brand new cvs, java, netbeans, etc.

What are you using to build? Just from the command line? I did not have issues doing this either, but that was on old PC.

• 2. Re: Does anyone have a up to date proc for building source
            rgjawanda

I am building from the command line
            I first set JBOSS_HOME to point to my 4.0.4 version
            then
            > build.bat dist

I built it fine now and get a install.jar that finishes an installation.
            (NOTE: i have installed and successfully run the binary version but not my source version)

When I run The first exception I get is:
            (shown below)

Then I get

lServer1/versions/1.0M5/server/default/deploy/jboss-aop.deployer/
            org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Trying to install an already registere
            d mbean: jboss.aop:service=AspectManager
            at org.jboss.system.ServiceCreator.install(ServiceCreator.java:103)
            at org.jboss.system.ServiceConfigurator.internalInstall(ServiceConfigura
            tor.java:449)
            at org.jboss.system.ServiceConfigurator.install(ServiceConfigurator.java
            :171)
            at org.jboss.system.ServiceController.install(ServiceController.java:226
            )
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

• 3. Re: Does anyone have a up to date proc for building source
              rgjawanda

I am building from the command line
              I first set JBOSS_HOME to point to my 4.0.4 version
              then
              > build.bat dist

I built it fine now and get a install.jar that finishes an installation.
              (NOTE: i have installed and successfully run the binary version but not my source version)

When I run The first exception I get is:
              (shown below)

Then I get org.jboss.cache.TreeCache class not found. (this is a runtime error)
              Then I get millions of errors

I do get a Flex 2 not installed during the build but I don't know what Flex 2 is .
              Maybe it is the adobe flex 2 sdk?

Anyway... Gettting tired.

lServer1/versions/1.0M5/server/default/deploy/jboss-aop.deployer/
              org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Trying to install an already registere
              d mbean: jboss.aop:service=AspectManager
              at org.jboss.system.ServiceCreator.install(ServiceCreator.java:103)
              at org.jboss.system.ServiceConfigurator.internalInstall(ServiceConfigura
              tor.java:449)
              at org.jboss.system.ServiceConfigurator.install(ServiceConfigurator.java
              at org.jboss.system.ServiceController.install(ServiceController.java:226
              )
              at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

• 4. Re: Does anyone have a up to date proc for building source
                rgjawanda

It cant find quartz-ra.rar either

It may be due to my EJB3 installation.
                I had all kinds of difficulty because the builder says that it is looking in default/lib and default/deploy but the instructions say place it in all/lib and all/deploy of the jboss-4.0.4 path.

what gives?

Can you help me or would you prefer I go somewhere in a little hole :)

• 5. Re: Does anyone have a up to date proc for building source
                  gohip

did you download ant, and set the ant_home var?

as I said, I am not using a full blown install of JBoss, maybe thats the issue.

follow these directions, and see if it works...

Install the normal JBoss Mail Server, M4 or M5,

then get the source, which you probably already have, obviously, use the same installer version, as the source, I.e. if you downloaded 1.4 source, use the 1.4 installer

set JBoss_Home var to where you installed, the JBoss Mail server, exactly, i.e. the var, should refer to everything in the path, up to the server folder, i.e. on my system, the var is "E:\JBossMailServer\versions\1.0M4"

if, ant_home, and jboss_home is set, as well as possibly java_home

go to command prompt, cd to the directory where the source is, not the source that the installer creates, if you instruct it to do so, but the source you downloaded from CV. Cd all the way until you hit the directory where build.bat is located, i.e. on my system, i cd to "D:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Projects\misc\JBMS1.0M5Pre\jboss-mail"

now here is where you may be goping wrong, but I am a little green when it comes to ant, dont run build.bat, I have never run that, and dont know whether it runs or not on windows

at cmd prompt type "ant dist" or ant compile, or ant build, from what I can tell from your post, this might be the issue

andrew said, when he instructed me at some point, to ant X, or ant X, or ant x, not build.bat x, or build.bat x, etc. i.e., I think your having issues possibly from running build.bat

please let me know if it helps, and when case is closed, I or you should move this thread, or copy it to the users forum, so others, may learn from our misadventures!

good luck!

• 6. Re: Does anyone have a up to date proc for building source
                    gohip

see, with the quartz, etc. I think your having the same issue, i am, when I try to build and clean from netbeans IDE, i.e. it screws everything up, when I run ant dist, it corrects the issues, possibly by buiding, or moving, or unjarring, or whatever, the jar's were missing...

dude, the first time I go it to work, I could never do a full build, I could only build non-reflected classes, as I couldnt get that AOP crap working, I manuallt downloaded everything netbeans kept complaining about, until it partially built

but when I ran ant dist, i noticed it fixed netbeans, "build" process so netbeans no longer complained about missing jars

I think ant dist is the key, but beware, it will possibly distribute your newly built code, to your JBoss_home deploy folder, I guess it is meant to do this, but kinda sucks when you dont knbow it does this, and then you wonder why your initial install of jboss mail server, no longer works

I know, I was frustrated also, but today, putting together a new development machine, I followed all the steps I outlined to you, and could build and dist from netbeans...

• 7. Re: Does anyone have a up to date proc for building source
                      gohip

oh, and like I said, I didnt have to install EjB3 or Jboss AS separately, it is all "just working" when I build

• 8. Re: Does anyone have a up to date proc for building source
                        gohip

oh, and andrew said, if you build, it messes up the web calendar, in which case, you have to download and install flex sdk, and then I guess build again, I always get that error, but am unconcerned about webmail, ATM

• 9. Re: Does anyone have a up to date proc for building source
                          gohip

ooops, we are in users forum

long day...

• 10. Re: Does anyone have a up to date proc for building source
                            rgjawanda

Nice. Thanks for the response. Sorry I started out in the dev form and you said that you don't read it anymore so to post here. Anyway... I think I understand now my problem.
                            I am using ant and always did and I am using the ant dist

Here is my problem I think. I was downloading jboss app server and not pointing jboss_home to my mail server install. I believe that will resolve the issue completely.

I always wondered why it said to do that. It didn't clearly say jboss-mail but just said to download the latest jboss version.

I'll give it a try now.
                            Thanks a bunch for your replies!!!

• 11. Re: Does anyone have a up to date proc for building source
                              rgjawanda

Ok,
                              I followed the steps exactly as you said and I came up with this.

my command fromthe jboss-mail directory (where the source resides) is
                              ant dist

NOTE: i am a full time developer and use ant extensively. also understand classpaths and the difference between netbeans and building with command line ant. I program with java all the time.

I downloaded and installed the mail (m5) and got it working sending and receiving e-mail in my
                              c:\data\swi\jbossmail directory

I point JBOSS_HOME to that directory
                              Then I tried pointing it to the
                              c:\data\swi\jbossmail\versions\1.0M5

Both gave the same error.
                              NOTE: I cd to %JBOSS_HOME%, %ANT_HOME% and the paths are correct.
                              Also downloaded FLEX2 and added FLEX_HOME

Nothing works. I'm doing this on windows

dist:
                              [echo] Create calendar dist to: C:\jboss-mail/build/deploy/calendar/calenda
                              r
                              [mkdir] Created dir: C:\jboss-mail\build\deploy\calendar
                              [mkdir] Created dir: C:\jboss-mail\build\deploy\calendar\calendar.ear
                              [unjar] Expanding: C:\jboss-mail\src\calendar\calendarear\dist\calendar.ear
                              into C:\jboss-mail\build\deploy\calendar\calendar.ear
                              [mkdir] Created dir: C:\jboss-mail\build\deploy\calendar\calendar.ear\calend
                              arejb.jar
                              [unjar] Expanding: C:\jboss-mail\src\calendar\calendarejb\dist\calendarejb.j
                              ar into C:\jboss-mail\build\deploy\calendar\calendar.ear\calendarejb.jar
                              [mkdir] Created dir: C:\jboss-mail\build\deploy\calendar\calendar.ear\calend
                              arjmx.sar
                              [unjar] Expanding: C:\jboss-mail\src\calendar\calendarjmx\dist\calendarjmx.j
                              ar into C:\jboss-mail\build\deploy\calendar\calendar.ear\calendarjmx.sar
                              [echo] DISTRO Complete
                              [javac] Compiling 321 source files to C:\jboss-mail\build\classes

BUILD FAILED
                              C:\jboss-mail\build.xml:212: C:\data\swi\jbossmailsvr\versions\1.0M5\client not
                              found.

Total time: 25 seconds
                              C:\jboss-mail>

• 12. Re: Does anyone have a up to date proc for building source
                                rgjawanda

I'm guessing here but I think I need to install EJB3 in my mail server installation (the one that works) because I seem to remember that client is a directory in the EJB3 dist. Although.. i seem to remember it was missing.

• 13. Re: Does anyone have a up to date proc for building source
                                  rgjawanda

Lucky for me I won't give up until I get it working

• 14. Re: Does anyone have a up to date proc for building source
                                    rgjawanda

Copied the jboss-ejb3.jar in a client directory undrer the 1.0M directory. i had to create the client directory.
                                    Also the ejb3 install instructions are wrong.
                                    jboss-ejb3-client.jar is actually jboss-ejb3.jar
                                    GD

This made the compile work but now I have runtime problems again.

... 82 more
                                    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jboss/aop/JoinPointInfo
                                    at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
                                    at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2328)

1 2 Previous Next