1 2 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2007 1:31 AM by herkules

4.0.5 Problems

djr667

Are you aware of the following:
      http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=93486
      http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=91327

which imply EJB3 problems when using the BETA3 JEMS installer which do not occur when using the 4.0.4 or the 4.0.5 ZIP file

We also have a problem with 4.0.5 EJB proxy stubs throwing a ClassCastException when being cast to the EJB session interface - this does not happen in 4.0.4 (same EAR files).

I know ear-deployer.xml has set Isolated and CallByValue to true, but we have changed them back to false (as they are in the JBoss AS 4.0.5 installation ZIP file - 'default' config).

Dave

• 1. Re: 4.0.5 Problems

yes we will soon be releasing installer 1.2.0.CR1 which should fix EJB3 issues. sorry for the inconvenience

• 2. Re: 4.0.5 Problems
            boby

I installed JBoss and EJB3 with the installer 1.2.0CR1 et my problem persists always. After deployment concerning a method (EJB3 session remoting) using an application specific object, I have always this error :
            java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Wrong target.

When I install jboss with the zip file, I don't have this problem.
            I thought that it was resolved reading this message.

I hope that you could resolve this problem.

Regards,
            J. Bordeau.

• 3. Re: 4.0.5 Problems
              herkules

Hi,

for me the CR1 has the same problem, EJB3 hot deploy still doesn't work.

What exactly is the JBoss 4.0.5.GA? Is it file distribution or jems beta3 or jems CR1? They differ.

djr667 - thanks for notice.

JBoss - thanks for your support.

Jan

• 4. Re: 4.0.5 Problems
                vralev

Please see http://jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3988985#3988985.

And if anyone has non-confidential ejb3-jars which are not hot-deployable send them to vladimir.ralev@jboss.com or vralev@redhat.com

• 5. Re: 4.0.5 Problems
                  boby

Im going to see tomorow if I can send to you my .ear containing a .war and 2 jars.

During the first deployment, the changes are take in account. These are the next deployments which occur a java.lang.IllegalArgumentException.

I have 2 computers, one with windows to develop my application and my jboss server is under Linux (Debian). When I want to use my EJB3 remote the first time, everything works, but not the next times except after a jboss reboot.
                  The problem is occured only when I want to call some methods with MyObjects in arguments, otherwise other methods work everytime.

Maybe our problem comes from our application.xml. On the other hand, I dont have problem with the jndi.

Thanks.

• 6. Re: 4.0.5 Problems
                    boby

Im sorry, I asked my boss. He does not prefer to send our jar application. I dont understand really, but the decison doest not belong to me.

Regards.
                    J. Bordeau.

• 7. Re: 4.0.5 Problems
                      djr667

Installed JEMS 1.2.0.CR1 and everything appears to work OK.

Even re-deploying a library Session-bean works OK with no need to redeploy any referening beans.

Dave

• 8. Re: 4.0.5 Problems

Good to know, djr667. Let us know if you run into any other issues

• 9. Re: 4.0.5 Problems
                          herkules

Hi,

for me the redeploy doesn't work even in jems 1.2.0.CR1.

I compiled ex06_5 sample from "Enterprise JavaBeans 3.0" book, deployed to JBoss. Started JBoss and test client - works fine. Then I deleted the titan.jar and deployed it again (no recompile, no change, Jboss still running) and now the client throws:

[java] Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Wrong target. class com.titan.travelagent.TravelAgentBean for public long com.titan.travelagent.TravelAgentBean.createCustomer(com.titan.domain.Customer)

The samples are available at http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=22866&package_id=187246&release_id=419708

Thank you for your support, Jan

• 10. Re: 4.0.5 Problems
                            boby

Yes, I have the same error than jan_bar.

• 11. Re: 4.0.5 Problems
                              milx

Same problem here, have to restart or I get the "Wrong target" error.

• 12. Re: 4.0.5 Problems
                                dimitris
                                • 13. Re: 4.0.5 Problems
                                  bustanil

Hi,

I have installed EJB3 RC9 Patch1 on my existing jboss-4.0.5 to fix the redeploy problem as suggested then I recompiled and redeployed the code. But, the "wrong target class" problem still appears. Is there anything i missed?
                                  Maybe i should go back to jboss-4.0.4?

Best regards,
                                  Bustanil Arifin

• 14. Re: 4.0.5 Problems
                                    herkules

Thank you Dimitris, I installed the patch but the problem persists, still the same trouble as described at "Sat Dec 2, 2006 04:13 AM".
                                    Can you replicate the problem or it works for you? Maybe the problem is not in JBoss, but it worked in 4.0.4.

My settings:
                                    Windows 2000
                                    Java: 1.5.0_07-b03

or
                                    Gentoo Linux
                                    Java: 1.5.0_08-b03

1 2 Previous Next