1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 14, 2010 7:45 PM by BJ Chippindale

Logging problem with classloader

BJ Chippindale Master

Owing to the politics of the workplace the jboss4.2.3.GA that we are using is NOT running (on RHEL5.4) in the same place as a usable JDK (javac) and we have to manually point everything at a valid JRE as the default goes to Websphere...  

SO  installing hornetq into jboss can't be done using the build script for as4 in the system.

SO  I did this on another system running RHEL5.4 and jboss4.2.3.GA installation with similar hardware and pushed the resulting all-with-hornetq over to the jboss on the target and copied it into (we'll call it for now) "myCluster" so it would remain intact.  Then I copied the .so files into bin and away we went. 

SO we have a JBOSS4.2.3GA on RHEL5.4 with an all-with-hornetq profile installed.

It booted OK while we were turning it into our system and then as I added some additional environment and jboss-log4j.xml into the environment, it started bouncing out the following:

Warn [org.jboss.system.ServiceController] Problem starting service org.hornetq:service=HornetQJMSStarterService

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:  Error instantiating transformer class "org.hornETq.integration.logging.Log4jLogDelegateFactory"

at org.hornetq.core.server.impl.HorentQServerImpl.instantiateInstance(HornetQServerImpl.java:1458)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFountException: No ClassLoaders found for:  org.horneETq.integration.logging.Log4jLogDelegateFactory

at org.jboss.mx.loading.LoadMgr3.beginLoadTask(LoadMgr3.java:212)

Which is not something I wanted to see. 

I am backing stuff out now, trying to work out what exactly is missing/wrong, but I could use some expert advice here. 

It almost works but I am not  familiar with the guts of jboss classloaders and could use some assistance.

(grrr... I was better off with the standalone... more politicking)

respectfully

BJ

• 1. Re: Logging problem with classloader
          BJ Chippindale Master

Well, that was simple.

Was interrupted in editing the hornetq-configuration.xml.

It somehow obtained those odd caps in the org.hornETq.... classname in that line

"org.horneETq.integration.logging.Log4jLogDelegateFactory"

Which led to the problem loading the class.  Problem was that I hadn't consciously or intentionally altered the line.

Primitive access to the server.   A typo.

xml is nothing more than the assembly language of the web.

:-)

respectfully

BJ