- Release schedules: we typically do a Beta/CR every 2 weeks. Sometime, that can be extended. Each release sucks a lot of our time. This is an OSS project. You have the anonsvn to build the project anytime you need a faster patch. We consume other OSS projects and face similar issues but we build the projects ourselves sometime to save time.
- Nightly Builds: we have not set that up. But we will consider doing that.
- Custom Patches: You mentioned that you do custom patching on your source tree. This is OSS. Have you considered feeding those custom patches back to our source tree? We do give out commit rights pretty liberally as long as you know what you are doing.
- JBossWS-Metro testing: sure we will add that to our integration testsuite. Not yet sure when I can give a date on that one. As long as our users tell us what they are doing with the project, we can beef our testsuite. But we cannot guarantee that we will test every possible combination on the planet.
- Documentation: You are free to fill the gaps using our wiki.
I want to start working with the source code directly, and may consider contributing if I have something substantial to add. However, I work in an environment that is heavily restricted (on the network side), so I cannot download from the anonymous SVN site using Tigris or Eclipse. We typically have to download source (and other files) on those machines, and transport to our development machines. The debugging I have done so far has been with the source JAR files, but that's usually not quite the same as working with the source project content (READMEs, POMs, build scripts, etc).
Is there any chance you can enable the download feature in one of the web source browsing interfaces? For example, I believe that ViewVC supports this, but the feature is disabled by default. Basically, I can access most content like this, but I cannot install custom clients, use custom protocols, etc. So that's the hangup on my side regarding anonsvn access.
Thanks for any consideration on this.
Roadmap Article: http://community.jboss.org/wiki/PicketLinkRoadMap
I will try to keep it current as much as possible.
I am sorry to hear about the restrictions on network at your workplace. If we think of better ways to help you out with the source code we will.