4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2010 10:55 AM by Ramesh Reddy

Query Text File using Teiid 7.0

ramya r Newbie

Hi,

I am now trying to access a text file as Data source . I tried the dynamic Vdb portfolio example and it works file. If i try to create using the  eclipse 7.0 designer and deploy it on the server .. I have some issues. I get the following error:

org.teiid.jdbc.TeiidSQLException

: Remote org.teiid.api.exception.query.QueryResolverException: testtxtmodel.gettextfiles does not exist.

The steps carried out :

1. Created new Model Project.

2. Import "Metadata from text files on the file system" Import Type : "Relational Database". The imported file contained the following contents

SCHEMA,sch,"",CurrentMP/TestTxtModel
      TABLE,AGE,"dsfsf",CurrentMP/TestTxtModel/sch
      COLUMN,name,VARCHAR,255,""
      COLUMN,age1,VARCHAR,255,""

3. created VDB and added the model to it with file Translator.

4. While depoying it on the JBoss , Included the TextModel-ds.xml file with contents similar to the given example.

5. The VDB is up and running. But when i query using

select * from (call TestTxtModel.getTextFiles('*.txt')) f, TEXTTABLE(f.file COLUMNS name string, age1 string HEADER) resp

I get the mentioned error.

• 1. Re: Query Text File using Teiid 7.0
          Steven Hawkins Master

Hi Ramya,

Teiid Designer 7.0 did not have support for the file/ws translators.  What needs to happen is that the metadata for the file procedures needs to added to model in your project.  The simpliest way may be to start a Teiid server with the sample text dynamic vdb, then import the MarketData metadata from the server through the JDBC metadata importer.  This should give you a model with the getTextFiles procedure.  You can then switch the translator to a file translator using the TextModel-ds.  Teiid Designer 7.1 should address this short coming.  To make this easier for others, I think we'll post sample physical models for the text and ws translators in a wiki article, but it may take me a day or two to get to that.

Steve

• 2. Re: Query Text File using Teiid 7.0
            Ramesh Reddy Master

Ramya,

As we promised here is an article talking about text data integration. Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks

Ramesh..

• 3. Re: Query Text File using Teiid 7.0
              ramya r Newbie

Thank you Very much. The article was really helpful. Now I am trying to do the  same for Web service. I created a Souce model with Invoke as procedure and  "binding, request, action , endpoint and response" as procedure parameters with Result as Return type. I m just trying to query the same. I am still trying to understand on hw to query using XML table and invoke as i get query error while trying to execute for the dynamicVDB also.

• 4. Re: Query Text File using Teiid 7.0
                Ramesh Reddy Master

Ramya,

That was going to be my next blog/article, again we are working on it. It may take few more days for us to come up with it. I will send out a message to the teiid-users list once it ready. Here are instructions to subscribe to it.

Thank you.

Ramesh..