1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2010 6:35 AM by Michael Wittig

Responses without requests to a temporary queue

Michael Wittig Newbie

Hi everybody,

I run into several questions implementing a request / response system where the response is not send immediately after the request or responses are send without a request. So I can't use the JMSReplyTo() because sometime there is no request but i habe to send a response.

It is very important that the answer is only send to the client who made the request, so I can't use a public destination for all responses.

I figured out, that I can use the following code to "persist" the clients temporary queue on the server side although the Queue itself is not serializable:

The very first message send by the client contains a JMSReplyTo() pointing to a temporary queue created by the client.

{code}

// [...]

HornetQTemporaryQueue q = (HornetQTemporaryQueue) message.getJMSReplyTo();

String persistedQueue = q.getAddress();

persist(user, persistedQueue); // pseudo code

// [...]

{code}

All the following responses are send using this snippet:

{code}

// […]

String persistedQueue  = getPersistedQueue(user); // pseudo code

MessageProducer producer = session.createProducer(HornetQTemporaryQueue.fromAddress(persistedQueue));

producer.send(...);

// [...]

{code}

My questions are:

1.) Is this a good idea at all?

2.) Is there a standard JMS way doing this? My solution is HornetQ specific.

3.) Is the scenario described above an issue that should be solved with JMS? Maybe I am just trying to abuse JMS?

A completely other idea:

Is it possible to have server-side selectors for each client based on JAAS? So I could use a public topic for the answers while clients are separated by there automatically generated selectors?

Regards,

Michael

1 2 Previous Next