1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 27, 2010 10:33 AM by rareddy

how to pass through user credential for VDB to southbound data source

philipgao

Hello:

In my solution I federate multiple databases to one virtual database. During my design, the user name and password to access southbound data source are configured in the DS definition.

Is there any way in Teiid to pass through user credential for VDB to southbound data source? This means we do not specify user name/passowrd for the southbound datasource and the uername/password to access VDB is also specified dynamically at runtime. During the VDB execution it will automatically pass through user credential for VDB to southbound datasource.

Is this supported in Teiid?

Thank you!

Gao, Fei

• 1. Re: how to pass through user credential for VDB to southbound data source
          rareddy

Gao, Fei

Yes and No. You can not dynamically pass the source credentials from VDB execution statement. However, you can configure such that

1) You can use the same user/password at the source as the Teiid connection

2) Have a role based credential map. i.e. if your users belong to a role, the role name and password can be used based on the logged in user. This may be close to what you are looking for.

For this you need to be using one of the latest 7.2 beta or later releases. Check out the "Teiid Admin Guide" document, Teiid Security chapter for details for security at the data source.

Ramesh..