8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2011 6:53 AM by varkon

    BIRT and locale attribute in embedded viewer

    varkon Newbie

      Hello,

       

      I am using JBoss Tools 3.2 on Helios, and have come across a peculiar problem, while trying to run a report. I am trying to embed a birt report in a seam project (seam 2.2.0), using the <b:birt/> tag.

       

      My report uses .properties files for localization and I was having difficulty changing the locale. After some testing I found out that when setting the report as "embed" (designType="embed") the birt report would default to the jvm default, and ignore the parameter.

       

      I also tried using some of the urls (/run, /frameset and /embed)  that JBoss Tools register when activating birt integration. Again, the only url that failed to properly change the locale was the /embed url. Furthermore, it seems that the /embed url "uses" the org.jboss.tools.birt.servlet.JBossBirtServlet servlet, instead of the org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.ViewerServlet servlert used by the other urls.

       

      I haven't been able to locate the source code for the class org.jboss.tools.birt.servlet.JBossBirtServlet and look into this any further.

       

      Any help would be greatly appreciated.

       

      Update:

       

      I've found out that the same behaviour can be re-produced with the following:

       

       

      {code:xml}

                  <b:birt designName="#{report.rptDesign}"

                  designType="run" masterpage="true" format="html"

                  locale="#{localeSelector.localeString}"

                  embeddable="true"

                  title="#{report.i8nString}">

                      <c:forEach items="#{report.keyValueList}" var="entry">

                          <b:param name="#{entry.key}" value="#{entry.value}"/>

                      </c:forEach>

                  </b:birt>

      {code}

       

      I don't know if the "embeddable" attribute overrides the "designType" to "enbed" but I still can't get the locale to change... I've read the documentation and it states that the "embed" parameter ignores all but the designName and masterpage attributes. However, I thought that by setting the viewer type to "run" I might overcome this problem.