6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2011 5:28 AM by Benson Fung

java:/jbpmDS not bound issue

Benson Fung Newbie

Hi,

I deployed an application for retrieving all deployed process name into a SOA-P server.  The application is deployed into server/default/deploy folder.  However, when the server is started, it got java:/jbpmDS not bound error.  

But if I deployed the application into jbpm.esb folder, it works fine without any problem.

Can anyone help me how I can fix this error?  And the application can be deployed into server/default/deploy folder?

Please help

Thanks

• 1. java:/jbpmDS not bound issue
          Samrat Roy Newbie

Yes it can be ealiy deployed to server/default/deploy folder

however there are couple of requisites:

1. Check if the jbpm-{dbName}-ds.xml file is present in {server.home}\server\default\deploy\jbpm folder or {server.home}\server\default\deploy

2. When the jbossAS is booting up search for the name JbpmDS. (ctrl-f) in the ApplicationServer logs. it will tell you the name to which the datasource bound to . It is assigned to java:JbpmDS (without the /) in my case.

3. Open up jmx console @ localhost:8080 and look up for the datasource bindings. Enable the jbpmDS if it is not previously enabled.

• 2. java:/jbpmDS not bound issue
            Benson Fung Newbie

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your reply.  My issues happened in SOA-P platform.  i.e.  the jbpm-ds.xml is in jbpm.esb folder.  I am sure jbpmDS is enabled because the jbpm console is up and running without any problem.  Just if my application is deployed at deploy folder, my application cannot find java:/jbpmDS datasource.  But if my application is deployed in jbpm.esb folder, it works fine.  Do you have any clues or why?

Thanks

• 3. java:/jbpmDS not bound issue
              Martin Weiler Apprentice

My issues happened in SOA-P platform.

In this case you could probably open up a support case to get this resolved.

Anyway, if this happens on server start, it sounds like a timing issue - your application being deployed before jbpm.esb which contains the JbpmDS definition. Adding a dependency on this datasource should help to address this.

• 4. java:/jbpmDS not bound issue
                Benson Fung Newbie

Thanks Martin and sorry for my request again.

Could you tell me how to load the jbpm.esb first and then my own application?

Thanks

• 5. java:/jbpmDS not bound issue
                  Martin Weiler Apprentice

There are multiple ways to influence the deployment order. A simple one would be to create a $SOA_HOME/jboss-as/server/$CONFIG/deploy/deploy.last/ directory, and put your own application in this sub directory.

• 6. java:/jbpmDS not bound issue
                    Benson Fung Newbie

Thanks.  It works.  Thank you very much.