3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2011 4:45 AM by objectiser

Implementing the new choice syntax

perneto

I think we've made enough progress on the theory side with Nobuko that implementation of the new choice can start.

Gary, how do you want to do this? Maybe you can get started with the grammar changes, etc. and I can do projection after that?

You might want to add the "introduces" keyword while you're changing the grammar, too.

• 1. Implementing the new choice syntax
          objectiser

I think the first priority at the moment is to complete the draft of the scribble protocol type syntax doc.

However this should now be able to include the new choice construct, although I am not sure how widely the 'introduces' construct has been discusssed? Has a syntax been agreed for this? If so, then it could also be included in the draft.

Once the draft is ready, given that we are planning on a discussion/comment period of a month, that would probably be a good time to update the syntax/model - and then do one more release after the final version is agreed.

Regards

Gary

• 2. Implementing the new choice syntax
            perneto

Ok, that sounds reasonable. Who is writing the spec? Is there a shared document I can have a look at?

• 3. Implementing the new choice syntax
              objectiser

We are still discussing some of the issues, so the spec hasn't officially started yet. We've been delayed a bit due to several unforeseen circumstances.

Will let you know when there is something to view.....

Regards

Gary