4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2011 2:42 PM by Brian Leathem

Primefaces and richfaces features merged

José Freitas Newbie

I like very much some possibilities probided by richfaces like client validation, the ajax framework and the cdk, and I like very much the variety of components from primefaces and easyness to work on themes.

So I'm thinking to start a task with epic proportions, to merge both worlds, I know there're already conflicts in just using both libs on the same page and I didn't take a look yet on the richfaces's code to see if it'd be possible, but Unless I have some discouraging arguments from richfaces hackers, I'm goint to try to use richfaces as a framework and primefaces as the visual component library. and use things like:

* clientValidation on primefaces inputs

* ajax framework in form with primefaces inputs

* use cdk to create components extended from primefaces and themeroller based.

* try to apply something like the javascript api for some primefaces components.

Again, I don't know if it'd be possible, they're just ideas, What I know is that it'd be at least very hard to accomplish, and I'd like to receive some feedback from users and devs about it.

Best regards