1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2012 2:37 AM by jaikiran

First install ever - having that logmanager problem on Fedora 15

carilda

Running on Fedora 15, JBOSS_HOME is defined. Have jboss-as-7.1.0.Beta1b. Executing standalone.sh from the bin directory - these were all suggestions in a different thread but it seemed like all of those were Windows users. Another suggestion was to not have spaces in folder names - hey, I have directories, not folders - spaces are anathema!

Is there something I should be doing in the configuration files?

Should I blow this away and get a stable version?

Please help. TIA.

• 1. Re: First install ever - having that logmanager problem on Fedora 15
          jaikiran

Don't set JBOSS_HOME. The scripts will do it themselves correctly. If that doesn't solve the issue, then please post the entire command and stacktrace.

• 2. Re: First install ever - having that logmanager problem on Fedora 15
            carilda

Thanks jaikiran. I unset JBOSS_HOME and got the same results: (BTW, I'm not a programming newbie, just new to Java and Jboss.)

./standalone.sh

=========================================================================

JBoss Bootstrap Environment

JBOSS_HOME: /usr/local/jboss-as-7.1.0.Beta1b

JAVA: java

JAVA_OPTS: -server -Xms64m -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Dorg.jboss.resolver.warning=true -Dsun.rmi.dgc.client.gcInterval=3600000 -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=3600000 -Djboss.modules.system.pkgs=org.jboss.byteman -Djava.awt.headless=true

Exception in thread "main" org.jboss.modules.ModuleNotFoundException: Module org.jboss.logmanager:main is not found in local module loader @bfea1d (roots: /usr/share/Modules/modulefiles,/etc/modulefiles)

at org.jboss.modules.LocalModuleLoader.findModule(LocalModuleLoader.java:126)

at org.jboss.modules.ModuleLoader.loadModuleLocal(ModuleLoader.java:265)

at org.jboss.modules.ModuleLoader.preloadModule(ModuleLoader.java:212)

at org.jboss.modules.LocalModuleLoader.preloadModule(LocalModuleLoader.java:94)

at org.jboss.modules.ModuleLoader.loadModule(ModuleLoader.java:194)

at org.jboss.modules.Main.main(Main.java:264)

Is this a sufficient trace or is there an option to get a better one?

c

• 3. Re: First install ever - having that logmanager problem on Fedora 15
              jaikiran

Carilda Thomas wrote:

JAVA: java

Looks like you haven't set the JAVA_HOME to point to the JDK/JRE installation. Can you do that? Once you set that, please post the new output and the stacktrace. I want to rule out the obvious issues first because seeing what's wrong.

• 4. Re: First install ever - having that logmanager problem on Fedora 15
                carilda

OK, which java returns /usr/bin/java so I set JAVA_HOME to /usr - same error message

Then I went to /etc/alternatives and set JAVA_HOME to /usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.6.0-openjdk - same error message

What can I try next?

(Thanks)

c

• 5. Re: First install ever - having that logmanager problem on Fedora 15
                  jaikiran

Carilda Thomas wrote:

Then I went to /etc/alternatives and set JAVA_HOME to /usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.6.0-openjdk - same error message

Please post the output and entire stacktrace (like you did the last time) after you set the JAVA_HOME.

• 6. Re: First install ever - having that logmanager problem on Fedora 15
                    carilda

[root@netcat bin]# ls -l /etc/alternatives/java

lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 39 Oct 20 15:35 /etc/alternatives/java -> /usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.6.0-openjdk/bin/java

[root@netcat bin]# export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.6.0-openjdk

[root@netcat bin]# pwd

/usr/local/jboss-as-7.1.0.Beta1b/bin

[root@netcat bin]# ./standalone.sh

JAVA: /usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.6.0-openjdk/bin/java

JAVA_OPTS: -server -Xms64m -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Dorg.jboss.resolver.warning=true -Dsun.rmi.dgc.client.gcInterval=3600000 -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=3600000 -Djboss.modules.system.pkgs=org.jboss.byteman -Djava.awt.headless=true

Exception in thread "main" org.jboss.modules.ModuleNotFoundException: Module org.jboss.logmanager:main is not found in local module loader @bfea1d (roots: /usr/share/Modules/modulefiles,/etc/modulefiles)

at org.jboss.modules.LocalModuleLoader.findModule(LocalModuleLoader.java:126)

at org.jboss.modules.ModuleLoader.loadModuleLocal(ModuleLoader.java:265)

at org.jboss.modules.ModuleLoader.preloadModule(ModuleLoader.java:212)

at org.jboss.modules.LocalModuleLoader.preloadModule(LocalModuleLoader.java:94)

at org.jboss.modules.ModuleLoader.loadModule(ModuleLoader.java:194)

at org.jboss.modules.Main.main(Main.java:264)

I'm running this from $JBOSS_HOME/bin. Doesn't something make it look in $JBOSS_HOME/modules ?

[root@netcat bin]# ls ../modules/org/jboss/logmanager

log4j  main

[root@netcat bin]# ls ../modules/org/jboss/logmanager/main

jboss-logmanager-1.2.0.GA.jar  jboss-logmanager-1.2.0.GA.jar.index  module.xml

I also checked all the permissions on the path and they are all 755 for the directories and 644 for the jars and modules.xml

Thanks - you are very patient and your approach is very much like mine when I'm trying to figure something out so I'm really comfortable with it.

c

• 7. Re: First install ever - having that logmanager problem on Fedora 15
                      jaikiran

Carilda Thomas wrote:

(roots: /usr/share/Modules/modulefiles,/etc/modulefiles)

This doesn't look right. Has someone set the MODULEPATH environment variable on that system? If yes, unset it. What do you see when you do:

echo $MODULEPATH

before starting JBoss?

• 8. Re: First install ever - having that logmanager problem on Fedora 15
                        carilda

That was it. Now I have a big long output but jboss in running in the terminal. Is there still something wrong? Doesn't it daemonize itself? Should I have run standalone.sh & ?

Here's the output now:

[root@netcat bin]# ./standalone.sh

JAVA: /usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.6.0-openjdk/bin/java

06:06:11,719 INFO  [org.jboss.modules] JBoss Modules version 1.1.0.CR4

06:06:13,257 INFO  [org.jboss.msc] JBoss MSC version 1.0.1.GA

06:06:13,694 INFO  [org.jboss.as] JBoss AS 7.1.0.Beta1b "Tesla" starting

06:06:18,857 INFO  [org.xnio] XNIO Version 3.0.0.CR5

06:06:18,965 INFO  [org.jboss.as] Creating http management service using  socket-binding (management-http)

06:06:19,051 INFO  [org.xnio.nio] XNIO NIO Implementation Version 3.0.0.CR5

06:06:19,121 INFO  [org.jboss.remoting] JBoss Remoting version 3.2.0.CR6

06:06:19,284 INFO  [org.jboss.as.logging] JBAS011502: Removing bootstrap log handlers

06:06:19,462 INFO  [org.jboss.as.security] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 42) Activating Security Subsystem

06:06:19,514 INFO  [org.jboss.as.osgi] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 37) JBAS011910: Activating OSGi Subsystem

06:06:19,515 INFO  [org.jboss.as.naming] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 36) JBAS011800: Activating Naming Subsystem

06:06:19,612 INFO  [org.jboss.as.clustering] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 29) JBAS010300: Activating Infinispan subsystem.

06:06:19,651 INFO  [org.jboss.as.webservices] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 46) JBAS015537: Activating WebServices Extension

06:06:20,343 INFO  [org.jboss.as.naming] (MSC service thread 1-2) JBAS011802: Starting Naming Service

06:06:20,396 INFO  [org.jboss.as.security] (MSC service thread 1-2) Picketbox version=4.0.6.Beta1

06:06:20,817 INFO  [org.jboss.as.remoting] (MSC service thread 1-4) Listening on /127.0.0.1:9999

06:06:20,871 INFO  [org.jboss.as.connector.subsystems.datasources] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 25) JBAS010403: Deploying JDBC-compliant driver class org.h2.Driver (version 1.3)

06:06:21,001 INFO  [org.jboss.as.mail.extension] (MSC service thread 1-1) JBAS015400: Bound mail session [java:jboss/mail/Default]

06:06:21,008 INFO  [org.jboss.as.connector] (MSC service thread 1-4) JBAS010408: Starting JCA Subsystem (JBoss IronJacamar 1.0.5.Final)

06:06:21,429 INFO  [org.jboss.as.remoting] (MSC service thread 1-1) Listening on /127.0.0.1:4447

06:06:21,618 INFO  [org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener] (MSC service thread 1-3) An older version 1.1.20 of the Apache Tomcat Native library is installed, while Tomcat recommends version greater then 1.1.21

06:06:22,564 INFO  [org.jboss.ws.common.management.AbstractServerConfig] (MSC service thread 1-4) null null

06:06:24,245 INFO  [org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol] (MSC service thread 1-1) Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http--127.0.0.1-8080

06:06:25,895 INFO  [org.jboss.as.connector.subsystems.datasources] (MSC service thread 1-1) JBAS010400: Bound data source [java:jboss/datasources/ExampleDS]

06:06:25,927 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner] (MSC service thread 1-2) JBAS015012: Started FileSystemDeploymentService for directory /usr/local/jboss-as-7.1.0.Beta1b/standalone/deployments

06:06:26,015 INFO  [org.jboss.as] (Controller Boot Thread) JBoss AS 7.1.0.Beta1b "Tesla" started in 15281ms - Started 126 of 187 services (60 services are passive or on-demand)

and it didn't return to prompt.

I checked and the admin console is available on :8080 - is it time for me to return to the documentation and see what to do next or should I kill it and run it in background this time?

You are fantastic, BTW!

c

• 9. Re: First install ever - having that logmanager problem on Fedora 15
                          jaikiran

Good to know it worked! So that was actually a conflict with the MODULEPATH environment variable which the "module" utility in Fedora sets up probably http://www.linuxcertif.com/man/1/module/370976/

Carilda Thomas wrote:

That was it. Now I have a big long output but jboss in running in the terminal. Is there still something wrong?

The logs look good, the server has started without problems.

Carilda Thomas wrote:

and it didn't return to prompt.

Yes, it starts in the foreground. If you want to launch it in background, then you can do:

export LAUNCH_JBOSS_IN_BACKGROUND=true
                          ./standalone.sh

You'll still see the logs on the console, but you can redirect them to some file if you want to.

I checked and the admin console is available on :8080 -

The admin console in AS7 is available at http://localhost:9990/console/index.html

is it time for me to return to the documentation and see what to do next

The "Getting started guide" here https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS71/Documentation will help you with the basics.

• 10. Re: First install ever - having that logmanager problem on Fedora 15
                            carilda

Once again thank you from a little old lady who has been out of work for a year and a half and is trying to learn java because that's what everyone seems to want these days!

c

• 11. Re: First install ever - having that logmanager problem on Fedora 15
                              jaikiran

You're welcome and good luck!

• 12. Re: First install ever - having that logmanager problem on Fedora 15
                                tono2010

Hi,

I am also new with Jboss and Java. I have x64AMD machine with Fedora 16. When I try to run the standalon.sh script, I have the same error:

==================================================================

JBOSS_HOME: /opt/jboss-as-7.0.2.Final

JAVA: /usr/java/jdk1.7.0_01/bin/java

Exception in thread "main" org.jboss.modules.ModuleNotFoundException: Module org.jboss.logmanager:main is not found

at org.jboss.modules.LocalModuleLoader.findModule(LocalModuleLoader.java:121)

at org.jboss.modules.ModuleLoader.loadModuleLocal(ModuleLoader.java:245)

at org.jboss.modules.ModuleLoader.preloadModule(ModuleLoader.java:194)

at org.jboss.modules.LocalModuleLoader.preloadModule(LocalModuleLoader.java:97)

at org.jboss.modules.ModuleLoader.loadModule(ModuleLoader.java:176)

at org.jboss.modules.ModuleLoader.loadModule(ModuleLoader.java:172)

at org.jboss.modules.Main.main(Main.java:257)

==============================================================================

I saw that this can be fix by unsetting the MODULEPATH environment variable, but I cannot understand how do that.

When I type the command:

~echo $MODULEPATH

I get:

~ /usr/share/Modules/modulefiles:/etc/modulefiles

Thanks in advance!

• 13. Re: First install ever - having that logmanager problem on Fedora 15
                                  jaikiran

I saw that this can be fix by unsetting the MODULEPATH environment variable, but I cannot understand how do that.

When I type the command:

~echo $MODULEPATH

Run the following commands in order:

export MODULEPATH=
                                  ./standalone.sh

• 14. Re: First install ever - having that logmanager problem on Fedora 15
                                    tono2010

Jaikiran,

Thanks a lot....! it's woring know

Happy Sunday!

Rodrigo

1 2 Previous Next