6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2012 8:08 AM by rareddy

Teiid 8.0 SNAPSHOT

fihtisham

Hi,

How can i get Teiid 8.0 SnapShot? I require both designer and runtime.

- Farrukh

• 1. Re: Teiid 8.0 SNAPSHOT
          rareddy

Farrukh,

We have not released any 8.0 based releases yet. Note that this version of Teiid is based on AS7. AS7 released their 7.1.CR1 last week, so we will release a Teiid-8.0 Alpha1 hopefully this week. If you want you can download the source code and built the SNAPSHOT yourself.

Ramesh..

• 2. Re: Teiid 8.0 SNAPSHOT
            shawkins

Farrukh,

There is also no corresponding Designer 8 source line that has been started.  VDBs developed from older designers should still work though.  See the Teiid 8 release notes for important changes.

Steve

• 3. Re: Teiid 8.0 SNAPSHOT
              fihtisham

Thanks for your replies!

Actually due to some technical requirements we need to upgrade Jboss version to 7.1 and Teiid's workible version with JBoss 7.1 is 8.0 as Ramesh mentioned. So i have downloaded JBoss 7.1 CR1b and teiid 8.0 SNAPSHOT. I have downloaded teiid-8.0.0-SNAPSHOT-jboss-dist.zip from the following nightly build link: https://hudson.jboss.org/hudson/job/Teiid-NightlyBuild/1391/org.jboss.teiid$teiid/ instead of downloading source and building SNAPSHOT myself.

After setting up JBoss 7.1 CR1b, i copied content of teiid-8.0.0-SNAPSHOT-jboss-dist to JBoss 7.1 CR1b installation path to configure Teiid 8.0 runtime.

Now the problem is, when i start JBoss server using "standalone.bat --server-config=standalone-teiid.xml" command on command prompt, it gives the following parser error

"javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException: ParseError at [row,col]:[159,17] Message: JBAS014724: Missing required attribute(s): cache-ref"

It seems that standalone.xml of JBoss7.1 CR1b and standalone-teiid.xml of Teiid 8.0 are not following the same schema.

Am i doing something wrong?

Farrukh

• 4. Re: Teiid 8.0 SNAPSHOT
                rareddy

I am gald you are trying things out.. Thank you.

I just posted the Teiid 8.0.alpha1 to the site Please download and let me know if you see any issues. Note that no issue is small, since this being the first release on AS7 platform I would very much like to work with you fix any issues that you may encounter.

Thanks.

Ramesh..

• 5. Re: Teiid 8.0 SNAPSHOT
                  fihtisham

Thanks Ramesh!

I am using Teiid 8.0.alpha1 with JBoss 7.1 and along with it I have deployed the Teiid Designer 7.5.  I am having trouble in creating and connecting Teiid instance from the designer. It always shows the following error.

"Unable to connect using the specified teiid server properties. The teiid server properties could be invalid or the teiid server may be offline."

Could you please guide me what could be the cause of that error?

Note: I have tested the teiid admin connection using groovy.

Thanks,

Farrukh

• 6. Re: Teiid 8.0 SNAPSHOT
                    rareddy

Farrukh,

Please see our blog about current state and issues around 8.0 alpha1.

Ramesh..