1 2 Previous Next 19 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2012 3:00 AM by mi haisheng

Seam Managed persistence Context Problem

massai khosa Newbie
      Hi all,
      I'm facing with problem when I try to use a Seam Managed Persistence Context.
      I'm using Jboss 7.0.2 and have followed the steps explained in the Seam Persistence Module documentation like below:

I have declared the transaction interceptor in the beans.xml like below:

<interceptors>
            <class>org.jboss.seam.transaction.TransactionInterceptor</class>
         </interceptors>
      </beans>

I've also added the requires librairies(persistence.jar, persistence-impl.jar solder.jar) to my deployment.

<dependency>
        <groupId>org.jboss.seam.persistence</groupId>
        <artifactId>seam-persistence-api</artifactId>
        <version>${seam.persistence.version}</version>
      </dependency>

<dependency>
        <groupId>org.jboss.seam.persistence</groupId>
        <artifactId>seam-persistence-impl</artifactId>
        <version>${seam.persistence.version}</version>
      </dependency>

<dependency>
        <groupId>org.jboss.seam.solder</groupId>
        <artifactId>seam-solder</artifactId>
        <version>${seam.solder.version}</version>
      </dependency>

The class below permits me to have a SMPC created by seam.
      public class Resources
      {
                @SuppressWarnings("unused")
                @ExtensionManaged
                @Produces
                @PersistenceUnit
                @ConversationScoped
              private EntityManagerFactory emFactory;

}

I've declared the injection of the created EntityManager in my Stateful ManagedBean.
      public void register(Article article) throws Exception
           {
                log.info("Enregistrement "+article.getName() );
                em.persist(article);

}

ATTENTION [javax.enterprise.resource.webcontainer.jsf.lifecycle] (http--127.0.0.1-8080-1) #{memberRegistration.register}: javax.ejb.EJBException:
      java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not find TransactionManager in JNDI:
      javax.faces.FacesException: #{memberRegistration.register}: javax.ejb.EJBException: java.lang.RuntimeException:
      java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not find TransactionManager in JNDI

thank you for your help
        • 1. Re: Seam Managed persistence Context Problem
          Jason Porter Master

Sounds like you're using 3.0.0.Final. Please use a 3.1.0 Beta (Beta4 is the current one) and use Seam Transaction (it was split out of Seam Persistence in 3.1.0).

• 2. Re: Seam Managed persistence Context Problem
            massai khosa Newbie
            I've updated to 3.1.0 Beta. (Seam persistence, seam transaction and solder).
            My application is not started now and I'm getting another stacktrace below:

"
            15:43:16,999 ERROR [org.jboss.msc.service.fail] (MSC service thread 1-3) MSC00001: Failed to start service jboss.deployment.unit."extranet-sigma.war".WeldService:
            org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.unit."extranet-sigma.war".WeldService:
            org.jboss.weld.exceptions.DefinitionException:
            WELD-001502 Resource producer field [Resource Producer Field [EntityManagerFactory] with qualifiers [@Any @Default]
            declared as [[field] @Default @ExtensionManaged @PersistenceUnit @ConversationScoped @Produces private com.natixis.extranet.sigma.services.Resources.emFactory]]
            must be @Dependent scoped
                 at org.jboss.as.weld.services.WeldService.start(WeldService.java:96)
                 at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.startService(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1824) [jboss-msc-1.0.1.GA.jar:1.0.1.GA]
                 at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.run(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1759) [jboss-msc-1.0.1.GA.jar:1.0.1.GA]
                 at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886) [:1.6.0_27]
                 at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908) [:1.6.0_27]
                 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662) [:1.6.0_27]

"
            It's telling me that the the field emfactory must be @Dependent scoped.
            here is the owner class of the designed field.

'
            public class Resources
            {        
                      @Produces
                      @ExtensionManaged
                      @PersistenceUnit
                      @ConversationScoped
                      @Default

}
            '

I really don't undestand what's wrong.

Any idea?

Meissa
            • 3. Re: Seam Managed persistence Context Problem
              hantsy bai Master

I switched to Beta 5 today and it was already in jboss maven repository,I found beta 5 was tagged yesterday, but there is no official news.

• 4. Re: Seam Managed persistence Context Problem
                hantsy bai Master

The following is  my code fragment used in my project.

@ExtensionManaged
                     @Produces
                     @PersistenceUnit
                     @ConversationScoped
                     EntityManagerFactory producerField;

• 5. Re: Seam Managed persistence Context Problem
                  massai khosa Newbie
                  <blockquote>
                  _Jason Porter wrote on Nov 18, 2011 13:06:_<br/>

Sounds like you're using 3.0.0.Final. Please use a 3.1.0 Beta (Beta4 is the current one) and use Seam Transaction (it was split out of Seam Persistence in 3.1.0).
                  </blockquote>

I've updated to 3.1.0 Beta.
                  My application is not starting now and I'm having a new kind of exception. Here is the trace:

5:43:16,999 ERROR [org.jboss.msc.service.fail] (MSC service thread 1-3) MSC00001: Failed to start service jboss.deployment.unit."extranet-sigma.war".WeldService:
                  org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.unit."extranet-sigma.war".WeldService:
                  org.jboss.weld.exceptions.DefinitionException:
                  WELD-001502 Resource producer field [Resource Producer Field [EntityManagerFactory] with qualifiers [@Any @Default]
                  declared as [[field] @Default @ExtensionManaged @PersistenceUnit @ConversationScoped @Produces private com.natixis.extranet.sigma.services.Resources.emFactory]]
                  must be @Dependent scoped
                       at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.startService(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1824) [jboss-msc-1.0.1.GA.jar:1.0.1.GA]
                       at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.run(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1759) [jboss-msc-1.0.1.GA.jar:1.0.1.GA]
                       at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886) [:1.6.0_27]
                       at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908) [:1.6.0_27]
                  Caused by: org.jboss.weld.exceptions.DefinitionException: WELD-001502 Resource producer field [Resource Producer Field [EntityManagerFactory] with qualifiers [@Any @Default] declared
                  as [[field] @Default @ExtensionManaged @PersistenceUnit @ConversationScoped @Produces private com.natixis.extranet.sigma.services.Resources.emFactory]] must be @Dependent scoped
                       at org.jboss.weld.bean.builtin.ee.EEResourceProducerField.checkEEResource(EEResourceProducerField.java:133)
                       at org.jboss.weld.bean.builtin.ee.EEResourceProducerField.initialize(EEResourceProducerField.java:125)
                       at org.jboss.weld.bootstrap.AbstractBeanDeployer.deploy(AbstractBeanDeployer.java:119)
                       at org.jboss.weld.bootstrap.BeanDeployment.deployBeans(BeanDeployment.java:227)
                       at org.jboss.weld.bootstrap.WeldBootstrap.deployBeans(WeldBootstrap.java:378)
                       at org.jboss.as.weld.WeldContainer.start(WeldContainer.java:81)
                       at org.jboss.as.weld.services.WeldService.start(WeldService.java:89)
                       ... 5 more

It's telling me that the emFactory field must be @Dependant scoped. The owner class of the field is below:
                  '
                  public class Resources
                  {        
                            @Produces
                            @ExtensionManaged
                            @PersistenceUnit
                            @ConversationScoped

}
                  '

I really don't undestant what's wrong.
                  Any idea?
                  • 6. Re: Seam Managed persistence Context Problem
                    Jason Porter Master

For both Meissa and Hansty is that the only thing that changed in the application was moving to Beta5?

• 7. Re: Seam Managed persistence Context Problem
                      hantsy bai Master

I did not encounter problem now.

• 8. Re: Seam Managed persistence Context Problem
                        Jason Porter Master

Okay, great. I also just tried it with Beta5 and didn't run into a problem.

• 9. Re: Seam Managed persistence Context Problem
                          massai khosa Newbie
                          <blockquote>
                          _Jason Porter wrote on Nov 22, 2011 01:40:_<br/>

Okay, great. I also just tried it with Beta5 and didn't run into a problem.
                          </blockquote>

I've updated seam-persistence and seam-transaction to 3.1.0.beta5.
                          I'm still having the exception below.

10:51:27,498 ERROR [org.jboss.msc.service.fail] (MSC service thread 1-4) MSC00001: Failed to start service jboss.deployment.unit."extranet-sigma.war".WeldService: org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.unit."extranet-sigma.war".WeldService: org.jboss.weld.exceptions.DefinitionException: WELD-001502 Resource producer field [Resource Producer Field [EntityManagerFactory] with qualifiers [@Any @Default] declared as [[field] @PersistenceUnit @Produces @ExtensionManaged @ConversationScoped private com.natixis.extranet.sigma.services.Resources.entityManagerFactory]] must be @Dependent scoped
                          Caused by: org.jboss.weld.exceptions.DefinitionException: WELD-001502 Resource producer field [Resource Producer Field [EntityManagerFactory] with qualifiers [@Any @Default] declared as [[field] @PersistenceUnit @Produces @ExtensionManaged @ConversationScoped private com.natixis.extranet.sigma.services.Resources.entityManagerFactory]] must be @Dependent scoped
                               at org.jboss.weld.bean.builtin.ee.EEResourceProducerField.checkEEResource(EEResourceProducerField.java:133)
                               at org.jboss.weld.bean.builtin.ee.EEResourceProducerField.initialize(EEResourceProducerField.java:125)
                               at org.jboss.weld.bootstrap.AbstractBeanDeployer.deploy(AbstractBeanDeployer.java:119)
                               at org.jboss.weld.bootstrap.BeanDeployment.deployBeans(BeanDeployment.java:227)
                               at org.jboss.weld.bootstrap.WeldBootstrap.deployBeans(WeldBootstrap.java:378)
                               at org.jboss.as.weld.WeldContainer.start(WeldContainer.java:81)
                               at org.jboss.as.weld.services.WeldService.start(WeldService.java:89)
                               ... 5 more

Are there additionnal librairies that need to be updated?

Meissa
                          • 10. Re: Seam Managed persistence Context Problem
                            hantsy bai Master

If u are using the Eclispe and m2e, switch to Dependency Hierarchy tab in the POM editor.

Have a look and confirm there is no conflicts.

I encountered some problem before , and  it was caused by dependency version conflict.

• 11. Re: Seam Managed persistence Context Problem
                              massai khosa Newbie

hantsy bai wrote on Nov 22, 2011 05:10:

If u are using the Eclispe and m2e, switch to Dependency Hierarchy tab in the POM editor.

Have a look and confirm there is no conflicts.

I encountered some problem before , and  it was caused by dependency version conflict.

I confirm that there is no conflcts in the Dependency Hierarchy of the POM Editor.

I really don't undestand what I've missed.
                              Meissa

• 12. Re: Seam Managed persistence Context Problem
                                massai khosa Newbie
                                While looking to the execption stack, I see the recurrent message below:

WELD-001502 Resource producer field [Resource Producer Field [EntityManagerFactory]
                                with qualifiers [@Any @Default] declared as [[field] @PersistenceUnit @ExtensionManaged @Produces @ConversationScoped
                                private com.natixis.extranet.sigma.services.Resources.entityManagerFactory]] must be @Dependent scoped

The class that's involved is below:
                                public class Resources
                                {          

@ExtensionManaged
                                                @Produces
                                                @PersistenceUnit
                                                @ConversationScoped
                                           private EntityManagerFactory entityManagerFactory;

}
                                It's just similar of what people are using here.
                                I really don't undestand the reason of the complain.

Meissa
                                • 13. Re: Seam Managed persistence Context Problem
                                  massai khosa Newbie

I've finally managed to make it working.
                                  Tke problem was due to the solder version 3.0.0 that is not compatible with the
                                  Beta 5 version of seam persistence.
                                  Meissa

• 14. Re: Seam Managed persistence Context Problem
                                    Jason Porter Master

Yep, bad version of Solder. I've seen that too. Makes sure you're using the most current version of all modules.

1 2 Previous Next