1 2 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2007 11:50 AM by prabhat.jha

DB test matrix

The actual tests have a success rate of 78.18% (1320 tests). The goal is to increase the rate to 100%.

The latest tests executed by our labs are visible at http://cruisecontrol.jboss.com:80/cc/buildresults/jboss-portal-2.6-testsuite-db

For now I class the issues into 2 classes :

1/ JBP bugs
      2/ configuration issues in labs

So it's a joint effort to achieve 100% :-)

• 1. Re: DB test matrix

I have fixed some of them for oracle (Cannot execute query) in InstanceContainerTestCase with persistLocally=false. So in the next run that number should increase a little.

The other large categories failing are :
          - SQLServer seems in the limbos, so nothing to look at until I see "Cannot open connection" disappear.

- Mysql X also seems weird in InstanceContainerTestCase : "An instance with id MyInstance already exist". I'll give a try to mysql.

• 2. Re: DB test matrix
            prabhat.jha

I will take a look at conneciton issues and URLs.

• 3. Re: DB test matrix

The success rate has increased to 79.85% (1320 tests) due to the tests for oracle/InstanceContainer which are passing now.

The InstanceContainerTestCase was showing (total/errors/failures) :

84/35/1
              84/33/1
              84/23/1
              84/23/1

Now we have :

84/23/1
              84/23/1
              84/23/1
              84/23/1

• 4. Re: DB test matrix

I have executed the test suite against mysql5 and all tests are passing so there is something wrong in the QA mysql5 configuration which prevents tests to execute correctly.

My configuration is :

Server version: 5.0.33 Source distribution
                mysql-connector-java-5.0.4-bin.jar

datasource configured in datasources.xml

<datasource>
                 <datasource-name>mysql5</datasource-name>
                 <connection-url>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/jbossportal?useServerPrepStmts=false&jdbcCompliantTruncation=false</connection-url>
                 <driver-class>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driver-class>
                 <user-name>portal</user-name>
                 <password>portalpassword</password>
                </datasource>

• 5. Re: DB test matrix
                  prabhat.jha

I have corrected sqlserver connection problem and modified mysql5 URL. Tonight's portal DB run should pick it up.

• 6. Re: DB test matrix
                    prabhat.jha

Nuked mysql4 tables to see if that takes care of "object already exists" error.

• 7. Re: DB test matrix

It looks like the URL is not correct for mysql :

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetExceptionCaused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The reference to entity "jdbcCompliantTruncation" must end with the ';' delimiter. at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source) at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown Source) at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBuilder.java:76) at org.jboss.portal.test.framework.embedded.DataSourceSupport$Config.fromXML(DataSourceSupport.java:271) at org.jboss.portal.test.framework.embedded.DataSourceSupport$Config.fromXML2(DataSourceSupport.java:259) at org.jboss.portal.test.cms.AbstractCMSTestCase.createTestSuite(AbstractCMSTestCase.java:83) at org.jboss.portal.test.cms.commands.TestFileArchiveUpload.suite(TestFileArchiveUpload.java:74) ... 7 more

• 8. Re: DB test matrix
                        prabhat.jha

Yes, I saw that error right after test was finished. I have corrected it. I will force a CC run early today so that we don't have to wait to see something else is broken.

• 9. Re: DB test matrix

It looks like it's improving now :

1320/7/60 with a success rate of 94.92%

I sees errors in

- CMS
                          - RegistrationPersistenceManagerTestCase
                          - WSRP (but it does not seem related to the database)

I'll look first at RegistrationPersistenceManagerTestCase.

Roy or Sohil will have to look at the CMS issues.

We'll look at WSRP later, it may be a transient issue as it was not occuring before.

• 10. Re: DB test matrix
                            prabhat.jha

I am glad it's going up. The DB config issues seem to have resolved now.

• 11. Re: DB test matrix

I think I fixed the issues with CMS, we'll see how it goes in the next execution of the testsuite.

• 12. Re: DB test matrix
                                prabhat.jha

Last night's portal-db testsuite build had failed. I have forced another build and if it happens again, I will do a RCA.

• 13. Re: DB test matrix
                                  prabhat.jha

Testsuite build failed because of deploymet issue with wsrp-producer.

2007-02-06 11:06:35,628 INFO [org.jboss.system.ServiceConfigurator] Problem configuring service portal.wsrp:service=RegistrationManager
                                  org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Exception setting attribute javax.management.Attribute: name=Policy value=MBeanProxyExt[portal.wsrp:service=RegistrationPolicy] on mbean portal.wsrp:service=Registr\
                                  ationManager; - nested throwable: (java.lang.RuntimeException: Error creating MBeanProxy: portal.wsrp:service=RegistrationPolicy)

Caused by: javax.management.InstanceNotFoundException: portal.wsrp:service=RegistrationPolicy is not registered.
                                  at org.jboss.mx.server.registry.BasicMBeanRegistry.get(BasicMBeanRegistry.java:523)
                                  at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.getMBeanInfo(MBeanServerImpl.java:666)
                                  at org.jboss.mx.util.MBeanProxyExt.init(MBeanProxyExt.java:407)

• 14. Re: DB test matrix
                                    prabhat.jha

problem with wsrp and 4.0.4.GA is a known issue but it has not caused the build to fail in the past. The test log shows:

deploy-producer-test:

BUILD FAILED
                                    /home/cruisecontrol/work/checkout/jboss-portal-2.6-db/testsuite/build.xml:142: The following error occurred while executing this line:
                                    /home/cruisecontrol/work/checkout/jboss-portal-2.6-db/testsuite/build.xml:105: The following error occurred while executing this line:
                                    /home/cruisecontrol/work/checkout/jboss-portal-2.6-db/testsuite/build.xml:92: The following error occurred while executing this line:
                                    /home/cruisecontrol/work/checkout/jboss-portal-2.6-db/wsrp/build.xml:561: The following error occurred while executing this line:
                                    /home/cruisecontrol/work/checkout/jboss-portal-2.6-db/wsrp/build.xml:315: org.codehaus.cargo.container.ContainerException: Failed to deploy to [http://localhost:8080/jmx-console/HtmlAdaptor?action=invokeOpByName&name=jboss.system:service%3DMainDeployer&methodName=deploy&argType=java.net.URL&arg0=file:%2Fhome%2Fcruisecontrol%2Fwork%2Fcheckout%2Fjboss-portal-2.6-db%2Fwsrp%2Foutput%2Flib%2Ftests%2Ftest-wsrp-producer.sar]

1 2 Previous Next