0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2012 5:39 AM by gadeyne.bram

AJAX request and rerender on ondragenter event

gadeyne.bram

Hi all,

I'm using Richfaces 3.3.3 (and seam 2.2.2.Final).

I have the following situation:

A graphic image with dropsupport. While the user drags something to this image a modelPanel should appear. This modalpanel must first be rerendered using 2 parameters.

This partialy works but there is no ajax request fired to set the parameters and thus the modalPanel does not get updated.

I'ved used these approaches:

1) a4j:support with event ondragenter: this does not work. Probably I can nog use a richfaces specific event.

2) a4j:support with event onmouseover: this works but the modalPanel keeps on getting rerendered. It seems like the onmouseover event keeps on ketting fired.

3) rich:dropSupport with the same actionparameters like the a4j:support in the example below and a reRender property. This does not fire reRender of the properties ondragenter.

<div>

<h:graphicImage style="#{labOrder.style}" value="../img/microscope.png" height="32px" width="32px" >

<!-- I tried the onmouseover event but then the modalPanel is flashing. It seems like it keeps on getting rerendered. -->

<a4j:support ajaxSingle="true" reRender="abGramPanel"  eventsQueue="abGramQueue" event="ondragenter">

<a4j:actionparam name="micromodeltime" value="#{labOrder.inserttime}" assignTo="#{abGramController.labOrderInserttime}" />

<a4j:actionparam name="micromodelnumber" value="#{labOrder.labOrderNumber}" assignTo="#{abGramController.labOrdernumber}" />

</a4j:support>

</h:graphicImage>

<rich:dropSupport ondragenter="#{rich:component('abGramPanel')}.show()" acceptedTypes="#{infectionOverviewController.dragTypes}">

<!-- I tried the actionparameters from a4j:support here and enabled the reRender property but there are no ajax requests fired ondragenter. -->

</rich:dropSupport>

</div>

Would someone know how I could manage to do this?