3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2012 9:55 AM by jboss-dan

Error deploying jbpm-gwt-console.war IN JBOSS 7.1 Thunder

suku_1983

Hi,

I was trying to setup JBPM 5.2 in JBoss AS7 thunder with MySql.

I used part of the ant scripts and performed some of the steps manually. Everything runs well when i use JBoss 7.0.2.

However when i use 7.1 Thunder, the deployment of the console war fails. Error details below

18:10:07,929 INFO  [org.jboss.web] (MSC service thread 1-7) JBAS018210: Registering web context: /jbpm-gwt-console-server

18:10:09,783 ERROR [org.reflections.Reflections] (MSC service thread 1-7) could not create Vfs.Dir from url. ignoring the exception and continuing: org.reflections.ReflectionsException: could not create Dir using org.jboss.errai.bus.server.service.metadata.VFSUrlType from url vfs:/content/jbpm-gwt-console.war/WEB-INF/classes/

at org.reflections.vfs.Vfs.fromURL(Vfs.java:99) [reflections-0.9.5-RC2_jboss-SP1.jar:]

at org.reflections.vfs.Vfs.fromURL(Vfs.java:89) [reflections-0.9.5-RC2_jboss-SP1.jar:]

at org.reflections.Reflections.scan(Reflections.java:136) [reflections-0.9.5-RC2_jboss-SP1.jar:]

at org.jboss.errai.bus.server.service.metadata.MetaDataScanner.<init>(MetaDataScanner.java:83) [errai-bus-1.1-Final.jar:1.1-Final]

at org.jboss.errai.bus.server.service.metadata.MetaDataScanner.createInstance(MetaDataScanner.java:95) [errai-bus-1.1-Final.jar:1.1-Final]

at org.jboss.errai.bus.server.service.metadata.MetaDataScanner.createInstance(MetaDataScanner.java:87) [errai-bus-1.1-Final.jar:1.1-Final]

at org.jboss.errai.bus.server.service.ErraiServiceConfiguratorImpl.<init>(ErraiServiceConfiguratorImpl.java:58) [errai-bus-1.1-Final.jar:1.1-Final]

at org.jboss.errai.bus.server.service.ErraiServiceConfiguratorImpl$$FastClassByGuice$$b6139751.newInstance(<generated>)

at com.google.inject.internal.cglib.reflect.FastConstructor.newInstance(FastConstructor.java:40) [guice-2.0.jar:]

at com.google.inject.DefaultConstructionProxyFactory$1.newInstance(DefaultConstructionProxyFactory.java:60) [guice-2.0.jar:]

at com.google.inject.ConstructorInjector.construct(ConstructorInjector.java:85) [guice-2.0.jar:]

at com.google.inject.ConstructorBindingImpl$Factory.get(ConstructorBindingImpl.java:111) [guice-2.0.jar:]

at com.google.inject.FactoryProxy.get(FactoryProxy.java:56) [guice-2.0.jar:]

at com.google.inject.SingleParameterInjector.inject(SingleParameterInjector.java:42) [guice-2.0.jar:]

at com.google.inject.SingleParameterInjector.getAll(SingleParameterInjector.java:66) [guice-2.0.jar:]

at com.google.inject.ConstructorInjector.construct(ConstructorInjector.java:84) [guice-2.0.jar:]

at com.google.inject.ConstructorBindingImpl$Factory.get(ConstructorBindingImpl.java:111) [guice-2.0.jar:]

at com.google.inject.ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter$1.call(ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter.java:45) [guice-2.0.jar:]

at com.google.inject.InjectorImpl.callInContext(InjectorImpl.java:811) [guice-2.0.jar:]

at com.google.inject.ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter.get(ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter.java:42) [guice-2.0.jar:]

at com.google.inject.Scopes$1$1.get(Scopes.java:54) [guice-2.0.jar:]

at com.google.inject.InternalFactoryToProviderAdapter.get(InternalFactoryToProviderAdapter.java:48) [guice-2.0.jar:]

at com.google.inject.FactoryProxy.get(FactoryProxy.java:56) [guice-2.0.jar:]

at com.google.inject.InjectorImpl$4$1.call(InjectorImpl.java:758) [guice-2.0.jar:]

at com.google.inject.InjectorImpl.callInContext(InjectorImpl.java:804) [guice-2.0.jar:]

at com.google.inject.InjectorImpl$4.get(InjectorImpl.java:754) [guice-2.0.jar:]

at com.google.inject.InjectorImpl.getInstance(InjectorImpl.java:793) [guice-2.0.jar:]

at org.jboss.errai.bus.server.servlet.AbstractErraiServlet.buildService(AbstractErraiServlet.java:133) [errai-bus-1.1-Final.jar:1.1-Final]

at org.jboss.errai.bus.server.servlet.AbstractErraiServlet.init(AbstractErraiServlet.java:104) [errai-bus-1.1-Final.jar:1.1-Final]

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1202) [jbossweb-7.0.10.Final.jar:]

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:1102) [jbossweb-7.0.10.Final.jar:]

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:3655) [jbossweb-7.0.10.Final.jar:]

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:3873) [jbossweb-7.0.10.Final.jar:]

at org.jboss.as.web.deployment.WebDeploymentService.start(WebDeploymentService.java:90) [jboss-as-web-7.1.0.Final.jar:7.1.0.Final]

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.startService(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1811)

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.run(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1746)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886) [classes.jar:1.6.0_26]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908) [classes.jar:1.6.0_26]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680) [classes.jar:1.6.0_26]

Anyone facing the same issue? Any clues would save a lot of time for me

• 1. Re: Error deploying jbpm-gwt-console.war IN JBOSS 7.1 Thunder
          tdtappe

Just a few seconds ago I ran into the same problem. Right now I have absolutely no clue. Were you able to solve the problem?

• 2. Re: Error deploying jbpm-gwt-console.war IN JBOSS 7.1 Thunder

I also have this error message

18:10:09,783 ERROR [org.reflections.Reflections] (MSC service thread 1-7) could not create Vfs.Dir from url. ignoring the exception and continuing: org.reflections.ReflectionsException

at org.reflections.vfs.Vfs.fromURL(Vfs.java:99) [reflections-0.9.5-RC2_jboss-SP1.jar:]

at org.reflections.vfs.Vfs.fromURL(Vfs.java:89) [reflections-0.9.5-RC2_jboss-SP1.jar:]

when deploying jbpm 5.3.0 version to the jboss 7.1.1 .

But it works fine when deploying to the jboss 7.0.2 which is the default version bundled in the jbpm 5.3.0 setup zipped file.It is sad that though many users reports that they have this problem  , there still no workarounds or solutions that I can found out

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBPM-3698

https://community.jboss.org/thread/197349?tstart=0

https://community.jboss.org/thread/197080

https://community.jboss.org/thread/197349

https://community.jboss.org/thread/201643?tstart=0

One of the area that affected by this error is that the report cannnot be loaded from the bpm web console . If it is a bug  , I suggest jbpm team to warn user that jBPM 5.3 final release version cannot work with jboss 7.1.X in order to prevent new users from wasting their time and have bad experience when trying jbpm5.3 with the jboss 7.1.X  . Especailly  , they should delete this remark  " if you move to 7.1, don't forget to change the following line (7.0 -> 7.1) "  from build.properties as this remark causes user think that it will work with jboss 7.1.X but actually it does not.

Most importantly , any workarounds exist now if it is a bug?

• 3. Re: Error deploying jbpm-gwt-console.war IN JBOSS 7.1 Thunder
              jboss-dan

I'm having the same issue. I'm curious how this manifests itself for others in terms of trying to deploy and use processes. In my case, I can commit processes, forms, and images to drools. But drools BPMN designer doesn't seem to pick up the latest information. However, I can create a process instance via the jbpm-console (it does have the correct diagram) but it doesn't bring up the first form (I even tried simply duplicating the rewards approval process that krisv showed). I have no clue if the issues I'm seeing are related to this particular traceback or something else.

At this point, I'm going to install Jboss 7.0.2 and give that a try.