1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2012 10:33 AM by borisha

AS7 clustering and remote outbound connection issue

mannu_cse

I am trying to setup a cluster of 3 JBoss 7.1.1 final instance lets say node1, node2, node3

I am following the configuration explained in

https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS71/Clustered+EJBs

I defined a clustered Stateless bean in B.ear and deployed it into node2

in the node1 I have A.ear deployed which does the lookup of EJB in B.ear

standalone_full_ha.xml of node1 has one outbound connection configured for node2's host name, port.

As it's explained I need to define only one outbound connection to a node in the cluster and rest will be taken care

Now I deploy the B.ear in the node3 server and stop server B

after doing all this I make a call to node1 and expect it to do the lookup in node3 now ( since node2 is down)

But this doesn't work, I get java.lang.IllegalStateException: No EJB receiver available for handling...

java.lang.IllegalStateException: No EJB receiver available for handling

I also see this error, any help will be appreciate

14:17:36,459 ERROR [org.jboss.remoting.remote.connection] (Remoting "node1" read-1) JBREM000200: Rem
      ote connection failed: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Unrecognized SSL message, plaintext connection?
      14:17:36,473 INFO  [org.jboss.ejb.client.remoting.RemotingConnectionClusterNodeManager] (ejb-client-
      cluster-node-connection-creation-4-thread-1) Could not create a connection for cluster node ClusterN
      ode{clusterName='ejb', nodeName='node2', clientMappings=[ClientMapping{sourceNetworkAddress=/0:0:0:0
      :0:0:0:0, sourceNetworkMaskBits=0, destinationAddress='127.0.0.1', destinationPort=4467}], resolvedD
      estination=[Destination address=127.0.0.1, destination port=4467]} in cluster ejb: java.lang.Runtime
      Exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Unrecognized SSL message, plaintext connection?

• 1. Re: AS7 clustering and remote outbound connection issue
          rhusar

Hmhm,

looks like https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-4755 which is fixed in 7.1.2.

Rado

• 2. Re: AS7 clustering and remote outbound connection issue
            mannu_cse

I also tried with 7.2.0.Alpha1-SNAPSHOT, and got the same error

I dont want to configure all remote outbound connections as it requires repackaging of aplication everytime there is a change

in cluster's topology.

• 3. Re: AS7 clustering and remote outbound connection issue
              jaikiran

You should configure the connection configurations for the cluster name in your jboss-ejb-client.xml of the deployment. See the jboss-ejb-client_1_2.xsd for more details (you can find it in JBOSS_HOME/docs/schema folder).

• 4. Re: AS7 clustering and remote outbound connection issue
                rhusar

Manoj,

I think you should read up on

https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS71/EJB+invocations+from+a+remote+server+instance

because what you want to do will not work. You have 2 different applications so its more of a cluster to cluster communication.

I dont want to configure all remote outbound connections as it requires repackaging of aplication everytime there is a change in cluster's topology.

That shouldnt be necesary. You only need to add new <remote-destination .../> when topology changes, no need to repackage.

R

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: AS7 clustering and remote outbound connection issue
                  mannu_cse

Alright, Even if I add more outbound connections in standalone-full-ha.xml, my application only does lookup in the server configured in jboss-ejb-client.xml

so its not helping me

• 6. Re: AS7 clustering and remote outbound connection issue
                    rhusar

I see that you deleted your reply, but I was about to say:

Are both of those servers really remote? Otherwise the logging is wrong and should be fixed.

• 7. Re: AS7 clustering and remote outbound connection issue
                      rhusar

AFAIR there should be no servers defined in jboss-ejb-client.xml -- only reference to the connection where all the servers are defined.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      • 8. Re: AS7 clustering and remote outbound connection issue
                        mannu_cse

Okay, I have 3 jboss nodes running in same machine with port bind offset 10, 20, 30, all jboss are placed in different directory by the way.

here is my jboss-ejb-client.xml of A.ear, I have defined the "ejb-security-realm" and outbound connection in node1 only (in it's standalone-full-ha.xml)

Am I supposed to replicate this to other nodes also?

<jboss-ejb-client xmlns:xsi="urn:jboss:ejb-client:1.0" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="jboss-ejb-client_1_2.xsd"

>

<client-context >

<ejb-receivers >

<remoting-ejb-receiver outbound-connection-ref="remote-ejb-connection"/>

</ejb-receivers>

<clusters >

<cluster max-allowed-connected-nodes="200" name="ejb" username="guest" security-realm="ejb-security-realm" cluster-node-selector="sdk.service.producer.NodeSelector">

<node name="node1"

security-realm="ejb-security-realm" username="guest" connect-timeout="30000">

<connection-creation-options>

<property name="org.xnio.Options.SSL_ENABLED" value="false"/>

<property name="org.xnio.Options.SASL_POLICY_NOANONYMOUS" value="true"/>

</connection-creation-options>

</node>

<node name="node2"

</node>

<node name="node3"

</node>

</cluster>

</clusters>

</client-context>

</jboss-ejb-client>

• 9. Re: AS7 clustering and remote outbound connection issue
                          mannu_cse

Okay, looks like I am quite close to it now, when I deploy the client application on node1, I see this error for both node2, and node3

Should I have to specify user name password in jboss-ejb-client.xml if yes, please let me know how?

17:05:59,431 INFO  [org.jboss.ejb.client.remoting.RemotingConnectionClusterNodeManager] (ejb-client-

cluster-node-connection-creation-8-thread-2) Could not create a connection for cluster node ClusterN

ode{clusterName='ejb', nodeName='node3', clientMappings=[ClientMapping{sourceNetworkAddress=/0:0:0:0

:0:0:0:0, sourceNetworkMaskBits=0, destinationAddress='127.0.0.1', destinationPort=4477}], resolvedD

estination=[Destination address=127.0.0.1, destination port=4477]} in cluster ejb: java.lang.Runtime

Exception: javax.security.sasl.SaslException: Authentication failed: all available authentication me

chanisms failed

at org.jboss.ejb.client.remoting.IoFutureHelper.get(IoFutureHelper.java:91)

at org.jboss.ejb.client.remoting.RemotingConnectionClusterNodeManager.getEJBReceiver(Remotin

gConnectionClusterNodeManager.java:104)

at org.jboss.ejb.client.ClusterContext$EJBReceiverAssociationTask.call(ClusterContext.java:4

06)

at org.jboss.ejb.client.ClusterContext$EJBReceiverAssociationTask.call(ClusterContext.java:3

80)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334) [rt.jar:1.7.0_04]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166) [rt.jar:1.7.0_04]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110) [rt.jar:1

.7.0_04]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603) [rt.jar:1

.7.0_04]

• 10. Re: AS7 clustering and remote outbound connection issue
                            mannu_cse

Finally it works, I had to define the cluster correctly

But this has a severe limitation, if I add any more node in the cluster then I have to change this file and repackage the application

Is there any other way to do this? please help

this is my jboss-ejb-client.xml

<jboss-ejb-client xmlns:xsi="urn:jboss:ejb-client:1.0" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="jboss-ejb-client_1_2.xsd">

<client-context deployment-node-selector="sdk.service.producer.DeploymentSelector" >

<ejb-receivers exclude-local-receiver="true">

</ejb-receivers>

<clusters >

<cluster max-allowed-connected-nodes="200" name="ejb" username="guest" security-realm="ejb-security-realm" cluster-node-selector="sdk.service.producer.NodeSelector">

<node name="node1"

security-realm="ejb-security-realm" username="guest" connect-timeout="30000" >

<property name="org.xnio.Options.SASL_POLICY_NOANONYMOUS" value="false"/>                  

</node>

<node name="node2"

</node>

<node name="node3"

</node>

</cluster>

</clusters>

</client-context>

</jboss-ejb-client>

• 11. Re: AS7 clustering and remote outbound connection issue
                              jaikiran

You don't need it to configure in that manner. You can instead do it this way:

<jboss-ejb-client xmlns:xsi="urn:jboss:ejb-client:1.0" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="jboss-ejb-client_1_2.xsd">
                                          <ejb-receivers exclude-local-receiver="true">
                                          </ejb-receivers>

<clusters >
                                                    <cluster ... name="ejb" username="guest" security-realm="ejb-security-realm" ...>
                                                    </cluster>
                                          </clusters>
                                      </client-context>
                              </jboss-ejb-client>

• 12. Re: AS7 clustering and remote outbound connection issue
                                mannu_cse

Thanks a lot, it just figured it out too, it works like a peace of cake now

Still it would have been great if I didnt have to specify the cluster name as well,

this would have made my day :-)

• 13. Re: AS7 clustering and remote outbound connection issue
                                  jaikiran

Manoj Uikey wrote:

Still it would have been great if I didnt have to specify the cluster name as well,

Why not? Clusters are identified by a name, so leaving out the name won't be right.

• 14. Re: AS7 clustering and remote outbound connection issue
                                    mannu_cse

Since we are packaging jboss-ejb-client.xml inside application, it's like saying this EAR can be deployed in a cluster named "ejb"

what if I go on and try to deploy my app in a different cluster, it wont work.

I wonder if  just <remoting-ejb-receiver outbound-connection-ref="remote-ejb-connection"/>

is enough to locate the node and find out into which cluster this referenced node belongs too

1 2 Previous Next