1 2 Previous Next 29 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2012 5:33 AM by mike just

onMessage() is not invoked in JBoss 7.1.1

mike just Master

I knew in JBoss 6, the mdb classes need to be packaged to a separate jar so that JBoss could recognize it and the onMessage() will work. But what I am want to ensure is does JBoss 7 also need to do this to make sure the MDB works successfully? Currently, my mdb classes are packaged with all my other classes together in a jar and put in ear\lib.

Or what am I missing on the configuration? Note: the MDB seems to be deployed correctly.

15:43:25,587 INFO  [org.jboss.as.messaging] (MSC service thread 1-8) JBAS011601: Bound messaging object to jndi name java:/queue/com.demo.testMDB
      15:43:25,587 INFO  [org.jboss.as.messaging] (MSC service thread 1-8) JBAS011601: Bound messaging object to jndi name java:jboss/exported/jms/queue/com.demo.testMDB

and I have also added related annotation in the testMDB like:

@MessageDriven(messageListenerInterface = MessageListener.class, activationConfig =
      {
              @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "destination", propertyValue = "queue/com.demo.testMDB"),
              @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "destinationType", propertyValue = "javax.jms.Queue"),
              @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "subscriptionDurability", propertyValue = "Durable") })
      @TransactionManagement(value = TransactionManagementType.BEAN)

and I am sure all this had made the MDB work fine in JBoss 6. Anyone suggests where I have got it wrong in JBoss 7?

1 2 Previous Next