3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2012 6:14 AM by codeprince

status of OSGi bundles for javax.inject

codeprince

Hi Thomas,

I have met a problem[1] on weld-osgi project and wish that jboss offered a OSGi bundle for javax.inject 1.0.0 into jboss repository.

[1]: https://community.jboss.org/message/766965#766965

And I have found a issue[2] on jboss jira and want to ask the status.

[2]: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ARQ-998

Thanks!

--Tang

• 1. Re: status of OSGi bundles for javax.inject
          thomas.diesler

Ok, lets ping Marek

• 2. Re: status of OSGi bundles for javax.inject
            goldmann

Hi Tang,

I haven't looked at it so far

From what I understand the ARQ-998 issue is about making changes in the code to provide bundles (upstream) that will help packaging ARQ in Fedora. This will include changes to the upstream code where we control the source and modify the build process (in Fedora itself) where we don't control the upstream code. The request for making javax.inject an OSGi bundle is one the bits that will be done only for Fedora as I cannot imagine changing the build process of the upstream javax.inject project and submitting a new release to jboss repository.

Thomas, am I understanding it correctly?

--Marek

• 3. Re: status of OSGi bundles for javax.inject
              codeprince

Marek Goldmann による書き込み:

Hi Tang,

I haven't looked at it so far

From what I understand the ARQ-998 issue is about making changes in the code to provide bundles (upstream) that will help packaging ARQ in Fedora. This will include changes to the upstream code where we control the source and modify the build process (in Fedora itself) where we don't control the upstream code. The request for making javax.inject an OSGi bundle is one the bits that will be done only for Fedora as I cannot imagine changing the build process of the upstream javax.inject project and submitting a new release to jboss repository.

Thomas, am I understanding it correctly?

--Marek

Hi Marek,

Thanks your reply.

My request is that whether jboss can offer a bundle form of javax.inject or not, because I have such a requirement (https://community.jboss.org/message/766965#766965).

From your reply, I think that I should not put my request on ARQ-998. However, if jboss can not offer such a bundle, I or user will download bundle form of javax.inject from other maven repositories.

I wish that jboss can publish the bundle and put it into jboss public maven repository.

--Tang