1 2 Previous Next 23 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2013 1:38 PM by mdrillin

Error when installing Teiid Designer version 8 in JBDS 5.0

rajesh.peruvemba

Hello,

I have installed Jboss Developer Studio (Universal) version 5.0.0. When I try to install the Teiid designer plug-in (version 8.0), I get the following error message:

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.

Software being installed: Teiid Designer Runtime 8.0.0.Final-v20121212-1505-H1987 (org.teiid.designer.runtime.feature.feature.group 8.0.0.Final-v20121212-1505-H1987)

Missing requirement: Core Designer Plug-in 8.0.0.Final-v20121212-1505-H1987 (org.teiid.core.designer 8.0.0.Final-v20121212-1505-H1987) requires 'bundle org.eclipse.core.runtime [3.8.0,4.0.0)' but it could not be found

Cannot satisfy dependency:

From: Jdbc Connectivity Plug-in 8.0.0.Final-v20121212-1505-H1987 (org.teiid.designer.jdbc 8.0.0.Final-v20121212-1505-H1987)

To: bundle org.teiid.core.designer [8.0.0,9.0.0)

Cannot satisfy dependency:

From: Teiid Designer Runtime 8.0.0.Final-v20121212-1505-H1987 (org.teiid.designer.runtime.feature.feature.group 8.0.0.Final-v20121212-1505-H1987)

To: org.teiid.designer.jdbc [8.0.0,9.0.0)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Note: I don't have an issue installing the Teiid designer version 7.7 or 7.8; however, I read somewhere that I needed 8.0 in order to successfully connect and import models from SalesForce.

Thanks

rajesh

• 1. Re: Error when installing Teiid Designer version 8 in JBDS 5.0
          maxandersen

You are getting this error because Teid Designer 8.0.0 requires Eclipse 3.8/4.0 which means you would need to use JBDS 6 together with this version.

JBDS 6 is though not yet fully supported by SOA-P/BRMS and EDS team thus you might have other problems with their other plugins - but if you don't use/need them then this might just be ok for you to try out.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

• 2. Re: Error when installing Teiid Designer version 8 in JBDS 5.0
            rajesh.peruvemba

Max,

Thanks much for your quick response. I am trying to build a model wherein I would be importing relational and SalesForce models and then deploying them as a VDB. In order to do that, I will need SOA-P and EDS.

Please let me know if I have understood this correctly:

1. Teiid Designer version 8 is required to import models from SalesForce which in turn requires Eclipse 3.8/4.0 (available
            2. JBDS 6 is required to be able to install the Teiid 8 plug-in
            3. JBDS 6 may or may not function correctly with SOA-P and EDS

Thanks again

rajesh

• 3. Re: Error when installing Teiid Designer version 8 in JBDS 5.0
              blafond

Rajesh,

Teiid Designer's Salesforce importer has always been available, so you can use JBDS 5 and compatible EDS/SOA-P plugins (Teiid Designer 7.7).  You'll be restricted to connecting to an AS 5 instance with a Teiid Runtime 7.7 installed in order to build/deploy your VDB.

Teiid Designer 8.0 is only compatible with AS 7/Teiid 8.2.  We are working on our 8.1 release which will be backward compatable and allowa connecting  with either AS5 & AS 7, but it won't be available for another month or so.

Barry

Teiid Designer Team

• 4. Re: Error when installing Teiid Designer version 8 in JBDS 5.0
                maxandersen

Rajesh,

1) No, Teiid 8 Designer is not required for Salesforce model import - See Barry's answer for details.

2) Yes, if you want to try out Teiid 8 in a JBDS installation JBDS 6 is the minimal requirement but just as a warning it is not yet supported.

3) JBDS 6 in it self can start/stop SOA-P but yes, some of the plugins related to SOA-P and EDS have not yet been updated to use Eclipse 3.8/4.2 thus somethings will not be available if you try install the SOA plugins.

• 5. Re: Error when installing Teiid Designer version 8 in JBDS 5.0
                  rajesh.peruvemba

Barry/Max,

Thank you again for your response and breaking it down in simple terms. I am a complete newbie to this and my apologies if some of my questions/terminology is basic. Essentially, what prompted me to go the Teiid 8 route was the error ( There was an import error.The Salesforce ModelExtensionAssistant subclass was not found by the model extension registry.), when trying to import a SF model. I thought I had read somewhere that I needed to upgrade to Teiid 8 to get around this - maybe I misunderstood.

It is good to know that based on your response, I can stay with Teiid 7.7 or 7.8 and JBDS ver 5. I have reinstalled JBDS ver 5 and the Teiid 7.8 plug-in. However, when I try to import a SF model, I receive the error message -There was an import error.The Salesforce ModelExtensionAssistant subclass was not found by the model extension registry - consistently.

On a somewhat related note, I also receive a sporadic error (java.lang.NullPointerException) when I try to connect to SalesForce. This error, however seems to go away if I remove the workspace files and folders and start from scratch. The error from the previous paragraph just doesn't go away.

The uploaded document contains screen shots of both the error messages referenced here.

Any help on what else needs to be done to get around this will be much appreciated.

Finally, a quick question - I can open a different thread if it makes more sense. What is the access mechanism for the end user once I have a VDB created and deployed. I am clear as to how users can run queries against the deployed VDB. Would they require some sort of a JBoss client tool?

Thanks

rajesh

• 6. Re: Error when installing Teiid Designer version 8 in JBDS 5.0
                    mdrillin

Rajesh,

I've successfully done SF imports in both versions, so it's definitely possible with either.  For your installations I'd recommend:

1) If using JBDS 5.0, please use the JBoss Central - Software/Update tab to install the EDS tooling.  That will be sure to get the correct compatible version of the EDS tooling for JBDS 5.0.  (You will need to do a clean install of JBDS 5.0 since it sounds like you've already installed the 7.8 plugin manually)

2) If you want to use Designer 8.0 you can follow the install instructions on the Teiid Designer page

There are videos of each installation at https://www.youtube.com/user/teiiddesigner

For your 'end user' question, the VDB can be deployed to a JBoss/Teiid server.  Then the user can connect via JDBC etc and run queries.

If you are still having issues with SF import, I can get your designer log and work thru that with you.

Thanks!

Mark

• 7. Re: Error when installing Teiid Designer version 8 in JBDS 5.0
                      rajesh.peruvemba

Mark,

Thanks for your response. I uninstalled JBDS and tried to install "SOA and Data Services Tool" from JBossCentral -> Software/Update, but the following errors came up. When I paste the URL (from Error 1 below), I get the following response.

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

<?compositeMetadataRepository version='1.0.0'?><repository name="JBoss Developer Studio Central Update Site - SOA Tooling" type="org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.metadata.repository.CompositeMetadataRepository" version="1.0.0"><properties size="2"><property name="p2.compressed" value="true"/><!--

get new time w/

date +%s000

--><property name="p2.timestamp" value="1351887891000"/></properties><children size="3"><child location="../../soa-tooling/"/><child location="../../extras/"/><child location="../../"/></children></repository>

Error 1:

Unable to read repository at https://devstudio.jboss.com/updates/5.0/central/soa-tooling/compositeContent.xml.

Stack Trace 1:

java.net.SocketException: socket closed

at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)

at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:129)

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.InputRecord.readFully(InputRecord.java:293)

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.InputRecord.read(InputRecord.java:331)

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(SSLSocketImpl.java:789)

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1096)

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1123)

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1107)

at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.afterConnect(HttpsClient.java:405)

at sun.net.www.protocol.https.AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.connect(AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.java:166)

at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionImpl.connect(HttpsURLConnectionImpl.java:133)

at org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.browse.URLFileSystemBrowser.runRequest(URLFileSystemBrowser.java:113)

at org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.browse.AbstractFileSystemBrowser$DirectoryJob.run(AbstractFileSystemBrowser.java:69)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

Error 2:

Invalid URL: http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/examples/project-examples-category-jbds-3.3.xml

No stack trace for Error 2

Error 3:

HttpClient Provider is not configured to support NTLM proxy authentication.

Stack Trace 3:

org.eclipse.ecf.filetransfer.IncomingFileTransferException: HttpClient Provider is not configured to support NTLM proxy authentication.

at org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.httpclient.HttpClientRetrieveFileTransfer.openStreams(HttpClientRetrieveFileTransfer.java:730)

at org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.retrieve.AbstractRetrieveFileTransfer.sendRetrieveRequest(AbstractRetrieveFileTransfer.java:889)

at org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.retrieve.AbstractRetrieveFileTransfer.sendRetrieveRequest(AbstractRetrieveFileTransfer.java:576)

at org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.retrieve.MultiProtocolRetrieveAdapter.sendRetrieveRequest(MultiProtocolRetrieveAdapter.java:106)

at org.jboss.tools.project.examples.filetransfer.ECFExamplesTransport.transfer(ECFExamplesTransport.java:319)

at org.jboss.tools.project.examples.filetransfer.ECFExamplesTransport.performDownload(ECFExamplesTransport.java:246)

at org.jboss.tools.project.examples.filetransfer.ECFExamplesTransport.download(ECFExamplesTransport.java:206)

at org.jboss.tools.project.examples.model.ProjectExampleUtil.getProjectExamplesFile(ProjectExampleUtil.java:796)

at org.jboss.tools.project.examples.model.ProjectExampleUtil.handleCategories(ProjectExampleUtil.java:544)

at org.jboss.tools.project.examples.model.ProjectExampleUtil.getProjects(ProjectExampleUtil.java:491)

at org.jboss.tools.project.examples.model.ProjectExampleUtil.getProjects(ProjectExampleUtil.java:305)

at org.jboss.tools.central.jobs.RefreshTutorialsJob.run(RefreshTutorialsJob.java:53)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

As always, thanks much for helping me get through this issue.

As for the end user question, would you mind please elaborating or pointing me to a doc that might contain such information. My apologies, but I am not clear how the end user would run queries against the deployed VDB. You mention JDBC, but are there end user/client based tools that they would use to run such queries?

Thanks

rajesh

• 8. Re: Error when installing Teiid Designer version 8 in JBDS 5.0
                        mdrillin

Do you get those errors when you clck on the Software/Update tab in JBossCentral?  You should see the available SOA tooling, then select the Teiid items near the bottom of the list.

For end user question, I'd recommend you take a look at the Teiid Client Developer's guide - http://docs.jboss.org/teiid/7.7.0.Final/client-developers-guide/en-US/html_single/  

For example you can connect to a vdb as illustrated in the developer's guide.  We often use the "SQuirreL SQL" client for testing - http://squirrel-sql.sourceforge.net/ .  But, you can connect with any query tool, BI application, etc that supports connecting to a JDBC source.

• 9. Re: Error when installing Teiid Designer version 8 in JBDS 5.0
                          rajesh.peruvemba

Thank you Mark. I checked the "SOA and Data Services Tool" box and hit Install, and that's when the errors come up. I am attaching a screen shot.

I will look at the Developer's guide and Squirrel SQL as well in the meantime.

Thanks again

rajesh

• 10. Re: Error when installing Teiid Designer version 8 in JBDS 5.0
                            rajesh.peruvemba

Mark,

I was able to get past the Install error (from JBoss Central -> Software/Update) by adding our proxy host in Windows->Preferences->General->Network Connections. Once I did that, clicking on Install provided me with a list of plug-ins to choose from and as you pointed out, the Teiid plug-ins were at the bottom.

I successfully installed version 7.7.2 and connect to SalesForce; however, the error when I try to Import a SF Model still persists. I am attaching a screen shot of the error.

Thanks again

rajesh

• 11. Re: Error when installing Teiid Designer version 8 in JBDS 5.0
                              rajesh.peruvemba

Mark,

Here is the stack trace from the import error. I am hoping this sheds more light on what might be going on.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: The Salesforce ModelExtensionAssistant subclass was not found by the model extension registry.

at com.metamatrix.modeler.modelgenerator.salesforce.RelationalModelgenerator.<init>(RelationalModelgenerator.java:90)

at com.metamatrix.modeler.modelgenerator.salesforce.SalesforceImportWizardManager.createModel(SalesforceImportWizardManager.java:233)

at com.metamatrix.modeler.modelgenerator.salesforce.SalesforceImportWizardManager.runFinish(SalesforceImportWizardManager.java:200)

at com.metamatrix.modeler.modelgenerator.salesforce.ui.wizards.SalesforceToRelationalImportWizard$1.run(SalesforceToRelationalImportWizard.java:147)

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)

Thanks

rajesh

• 12. Re: Error when installing Teiid Designer version 8 in JBDS 5.0
                                mdrillin

Hi Rajesh,

We have a 'Built In' extension for the salesforce models - for some reason it is not being found.  You selected all 3 Teiid items when you did the install, correct?

Can you do the following:

1) attach the full log file - it's located at <install_loc>/workspace/.metadata/.log

2) In Designer, open the Model Extension Registry View ---- Window (Menu) > Show View > Other... > Teiid Designer > Model Extension Registry

What do you see in the Model Extension Registry view?

Thanks,

Mark

• 13. Re: Error when installing Teiid Designer version 8 in JBDS 5.0
                                  rajesh.peruvemba

Mark,

I am attaching the log file. I believe the error related to SalesForce is @2013-01-08 18:24:45.647.

As for the Model Extension Registry, it shows me an empty table with column headers - Built-in, Namespace-Prefix, Namespace URI, Model Class etc.

And, yes, I did choose all 3 Teiid components

Thanks again

rajesh

• 14. Re: Error when installing Teiid Designer version 8 in JBDS 5.0
                                    blafond

I know there have been past issues with Designer/Eclipse on Windows boxts when there are mapped drivers (remote) involved.

Are you using a mapped driver for your "workspace" location?

Barry

1 2 Previous Next