0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2013 11:22 AM by abhishekhp

JBoss domain dynamic port offset configuration

abhishekhp

cannot seem to get configuring port-offsets via properties file on the domain managed setup to start multiple server instances in a server group. 

I have the following configuration in host.xml

<servers> <server name="instance-one" group="main-server-group" auto-start="true"> <socket-bindings port-offset="${jboss.instance1.offset}"/> </server> <server name="instance-two" group="main-server-group" auto-start="true"> <!-- server-two avoids port conflicts by incrementing the ports in the default socket-group declared in the server-group --> <socket-bindings port-offset="${jboss.instance2.offset}"/> </server> </servers>

The properties are configured via properties file

custom-domain.properties

jboss.domain.base.dir=custom-domain jboss.instance1.offset=10300 jboss.instance2.offset=20300

And I try to startuo the domain using

./domain.sh -P=custom-domain.properties

The problem is that the jboss.instance1.offset and jboss.instance2.offset are not being applied to the corresponding properties in the host.xml. If I have hardcoded values in the host.xml it appears to start up instance 1 and instance 2 on the hardcoded port offsets.

Does custom property configuration/interpolation via properties file not work in domain setup ? Or am I missing something ?

Thanks for any information.