2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2013 11:25 PM by thanhnguyenupt

Problem permission in Teiid

thanhnguyenupt

Hi everyone,

I have problem about permission in Teiid Server, hope everyone can help me!

My problem is:

I installed a instance jboss teiid and deployed 10 different VDB (ETEST_VDB, LOYALTY_VDB,...) for 10 different application (ETEST_APP, LOYALTY_APP,..).

But I only use account default "user/user" for 10 application to connect to instance VDB.

I try defined other user in file teiid-security-users.properties but all user in this file can connect to 10 VDB.

Now, i want to set permission one account for only one app and only one VDB. How I do that? And how to config file teiid-security-roles.properties?

Thanks all,

Thanh Nguyen.

• 1. Re: Problem permission in Teiid
          rareddy

Thanh,

Teiid does *NOT* have capability provide "security-domains" at VDB scope. Currently they are scope at the transport level (JDBC, ODBC). You can log a feature request for this in Teiid JIRA.

As alternative, what you can try is use of data roles, you can create a role for each vdb, and create permissions for access for that single role for that VDB, then map the data-role to the role in the teiid-security-roles.properties and to the users in teiid-security-users.properties.

What above does is, it will let the users authenticate themselves, but will not let them access any data.

Ramesh..

• 2. Re: Problem permission in Teiid
            thanhnguyenupt

Hi Ramesh,

I try use of data roles and it work ok.

Sorry about reponse with you for along time, because i have holiday in this month.

Thanks you so much about your help!

Thanh Nguyen.