6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2013 4:37 AM by 6h05t

Installing JBoss ESB

6h05t

Hi guys,

my first post

Ive installed JBoss AS 5.1.0.

It works without errors.

Then I tried to install JBoss ESB 4.12.

ant deploy in install works, but then starting run.bat (yes it is windows ) gives me the attached logfile.

Whats the problem?

THX

• 1. Re: Installing JBoss ESB
          tcunning

Hi TW,

Are you sure this is the right logfile?   I don't see any errors in it, unless I am missing something.

--Tom

• 2. Re: Installing JBoss ESB
            6h05t

Hi Tom,

thx for your answer, you're right.

I guess it is working correct.

I just started working with JBoss tools and ESBs, so please excuse my simple questions:

I want to start the quickstart example "Hello World".

According to https://community.jboss.org/wiki/ESBGettingStarted I start my AS, start 2 commend prompt windows, run ant deploy-jms-dests, then ant and ant runtest in the other one, but no message is received in window one.

If I dont start the AS in the beginning there are only errors running ant.

If I start my AS, start a commend prompt window and run ant deploy-jms-dests, then ant, shut down the AS and start it again, finally run ant runtest in a new command prompt window (jbossesb path) and it works except for some errors occuring before "Hello World".

Whats the matter here? I dont understand

Cheers

• 3. Re: Installing JBoss ESB
              tcunning

I think that Wiki page is out of date - I'll go through and update it this week.

In the meantime, can you use the following?

http://docs.jboss.org/jbossesb/docs/4.12/manuals/html/Getting_Started_Guide/index.html

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Installing JBoss ESB
                6h05t

thx again.

Now theres a new logfile.

• 5. Re: Installing JBoss ESB
                  tcunning

TW, there's a number of NoClassDefFoundErrors here, so I'm not sure what is going on here - did you possibly install JBoss ESB while the app server was still running?

In any case, I'd start from the beginning using the Getting Started Guide (remove your app server, reinstall ESB on top of a clean app server, deploy the quickstart).      The steps in Getting Started Guide have been tested and do work.

• 6. Re: Installing JBoss ESB
                    6h05t

OK, I see. It is important not to start AS BEFORE installing JBoss ESB.

THX for ur support