2 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2017 7:44 AM by rupeshbende

Human Task Email Notifications

mranraj

Hi There,

I have been struggling with the email notifications in human task.

1. When a task is created, I want to send an automated email notification to the user. I don’t want to do it from my java code and wanted to use the human task to accomplish this.

2. From the documentation I understood that I can use the task’s notifications property to configure this.

a. If I want to send notification immediately is there any other way to do this instead of Type (I.e. not-started) + expires At (I.e. 1m) combination? As I read in V3 documentation “notify= true” property.

b. Notifications takes the ‘user’ as input for the FROM and TO columns instead of email address. This brings me to my next questions how to map USER/organizationalentity with email address. Please advice how to accomplish this with mySql instead of property files.

Finally, is V 5.4 is production ready? did anybody used it production environment?

Thank you.

Raj

• 1. Re: Human Task Email Notifications
          swiderski.maciej

Task notifications are currently based on User Task Deadlines so you need to fill in details of the notification on task level (like you mentioned not-started, expires at, etc). Notify attribute is not bpmn2 attribute and there is no such custom extension either in jbpm 5.

To map user/group names to email addresses use one of available out of the box implementation of UserInfo class that needs to be set on deadline handler class. See some details here.

I believe 5.4 is production ready.

HTH

• 2. Re: Human Task Email Notifications
            rupeshbende

I am using jbpm 6.5. But I am getting error

ERROR [org.jbpm.services.task.deadlines.notifications.impl.email.EmailNotificationListener] (pool-26-thread-1) Unable to send email notification due to No EMail address found for riskAgent1

And I already have set riskAgent1's email address

Screenshot from 2017-05-26 17-13-26.png