3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 4, 2013 9:23 AM by wdfink

Deploy Errors/AS Down

metaphiz

I'm getting the following errors on deploy and a website unavailable error on the site:

Error installign to Start: name jboss: service - Naming state=Create mode=Manual requiredState=Installed java.rmi.server.ExportException: Port already in use: 1098

Error installing to Real: name=vfs file:/C:/NDPS/jboss-5.0.1.GA/server/default/conf/jboss-service.xml state = PreReal mode=Manual requiredState=Real

[ProfileServiceBootstrap] Failed to load profile

I've checked port 1098 using TCPView and shows that it is not in use. What can cause the error? The server was working last time I deployed and there have been no changes to JBoss.

On the second error, is the jboss-service.xml file corrupt or could it be permissions? I have made no significant changes to the file, so can I restore it from another directory?

I also just noticed that the server is taking a lot less time to deploy, implying that some of the deploy is not happening. Also, the CF Administrator and JBoss Management Console are unavailable, giving an error like the attached.

THANKS!

• 1. Re: Deploy Errors/AS Down
          wdfink

As you use Windows, I have seen such problems as Win use this port range for processes which use a 'random' port.

This behaviour is sporadic.

Other possibility is that you run another instance which is not correct stopped.

Does that happen if you start a fresh JBoss instance?

Do you have restared the system?

• 2. Re: Deploy Errors/AS Down
            metaphiz

I restarted and it didn't fix it. But I was able to shut the service down which was occupying port 1098 and that allowed JBoss to deploy fully. It's good to know it's a sporadic issue caused by a random port assignment. I only have one instance of JBoss running. Thanks.

• 3. Re: Deploy Errors/AS Down
              wdfink

In that case you might use the ServiceBindingManager to use a different port for 1098/1099/1100/1102 which are the ports where I saw conflicts