3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2013 2:36 AM by wdfink

ear deployment in EAP6

mrsama80

I am having issue deploying ear in jboss EAP6. when I have project.version number in the ear (eg: cvm-5.2.2.ear)  and deploy, I have errors attached. If no versions are added to the ear it is deploying fine.

• 1. Re: ear deployment in EAP6
          wdfink

You might use several options

- deploy the ear with CLI and use a runtime-name without the version numbers

- add the application name in the application.xml deployment descriptor to force the name without version numbers

• 2. Re: ear deployment in EAP6
            mrsama80

I need the project version number at the time of deployment. What is the reason for the jboss not to start when given the version number to the sub projects?

• 3. Re: ear deployment in EAP6
              wdfink

With EJB3.1 the JNDI naming is standardized.

by default ear-name/module-name/bean-name is used.

If you drop the ear without any deployment descriptor the name of the ear and the ejb.jar inside are used to create the JNDI names.

From the error I suppose you have a reference to 'cvm/vod_business_logic/EntitlementServiceLocal!com.cox.sl.dataimport.vod.EntitlementsService'

But you deploy cvm-5.2.2.ear (not sure whether you have a vod_business_logic.jar inside).

You need to declare the application name in the deployment descriptor or use managed deployments to change this.

The EE compatible approach is to use the application.xml descriptor to rename the app.